DoorBird Beta Plugin Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heychristian View Post
    thank you. in the plugin setting page I typed the username and password instead of copy and paste. the HS devices are now showing status and the plugin shows the video and motion images. so all looks good.
    That is great, probably a rogue space ended up in there so I'll put a trim in so as to try and avoid it (I've been caught out with that before myself) in the future.

Comment

I realize it's beyond the scope of this PlugIN forum, but do you know of a forum example that details how to view the doorbird camera stream or images in HS Touch

Comment

I realize it's beyond the scope of this PlugIN forum, but do you know of a forum example that details how to view the doorbird camera stream or images in HS Touch
        I no longer use HSTouch nor have it installed so I can't offer a fully up to date answer but you might be able to get the MJPEG stream into an image element, support for moving video in HSTouch has always been a bit patchy so you might struggle with higher frame rates as they tended to drag the client down (unless things have changed but saying that processor speed has increased).

If you start with the URL of http://192.168.1.8/bha-api/video.cgi...password=bbbbb

(replacing the IP/username/password as appropriate) in some of your HSTouch elements and mess with the IsVideo parameters you might be able to get something working with a suitable refresh interval.

Comment

thank you for that info. curious, what develop environment do you use for mobile apps? I have used Xamarin with JSON to produce iOS and android apps to control HS devices. I believe i have finally I figured out how to include RTSP feeds from NVR such as hikvision.

Comment

thank you for that info. curious, what develop environment do you use for mobile apps? I have used Xamarin with JSON to produce iOS and android apps to control HS devices. I believe i have finally I figured out how to include RTSP feeds from NVR such as hikvision.
            I'm afraid I don't develop any mobile apps (just to be clear I don't have any affiliation with DoorBird so they do their own applications)...windows applications are a quite enough for me!

Comment

got it. thanks again for the help

Comment

Hi, and thanks for a great plugin.

I tried to look at the documentation, but the link seems to be broken?

Comment

Originally posted by Armas View Post
                  Hi, and thanks for a great plugin.

I tried to look at the documentation, but the link seems to be broken?
                  My fault...looks like my IP address changed, it should be back online now or very shortly once the DNS has caught up.

Comment

I have uploaded version .24 to the updater (pending approval) which has a minor change. There is now an event action to restart the unit (it does not make a sound compared to when it initially starts up), I would hope you would never need this but it might be useful if you do have an issue and want to set some sort of regular restart interval.

Comment

I've just installed this with a 2101KV. All connecting and working fine This device has two relay outputs but only one of them shows up 'Default door open status'. Is the 2nd relay available in the API? Apologies if I've missed this somewhere, I did try to read through all the posts.

Comment

Originally posted by budejake View Post
                        I've just installed this with a 2101KV. All connecting and working fine This device has two relay outputs but only one of them shows up 'Default door open status'. Is the 2nd relay available in the API? Apologies if I've missed this somewhere, I did try to read through all the posts.
                        I doubt you are doing anything wrong - when the first unit came out then they only supported a single relay and that is the way I wrote the plugin and the way it existed for a while. I'll have a double check and see how easy it is or fix the detection of additional relays, they made quite a few hacks/changes to the API to get around their newer models which just makes life difficult in places.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post

I doubt you are doing anything wrong - when the first unit came out then they only supported a single relay and that is the way I wrote the plugin and the way it existed for a while. I'll have a double check and see how easy it is or fix the detection of additional relays, they made quite a few hacks/changes to the API to get around their newer models which just makes life difficult in places.
                          Thanks for the super quick reply, appreciated.

Think they even have a device now that does 3 relays (bit it's not a doorbell...the app sends command over LAN to trigger the relays to open)

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post

I've now installed the A1081 Doorbird I/O box so can control 5 relays. I don't know how it worked when first doorbird was relased, but now there is an optional parameter at the end of the call where you specify the relay number after @ symbol.

API documentation says relay control is http://<device-ip>/bha-api/open-door.cgi?<parameter>=<value>. r=1|2| <doorcontrollerID>@<relay

e.g. http://<device-ip>/bha-api/open-door.cgi?r=gggaaa@1

If you do make a change and need anything testing, happy to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by budejake View Post

I've now installed the A1081 Doorbird I/O box so can control 5 relays. I don't know how it worked when first doorbird was relased, but now there is an optional parameter at the end of the call where you specify the relay number after @ symbol.

API documentation says relay control is http://<device-ip>/bha-api/open-door.cgi?<parameter>=<value>. r=1|2| <doorcontrollerID>@<relay

e.g. http://<device-ip>/bha-api/open-door.cgi?r=gggaaa@1

If you do make a change and need anything testing, happy to do so.
                              I have had a look at the changes and they are bigger than first thought - I was probably naive but never really imagined that the products would develop this way. The DoorBird side of things is trivial (you could do it via a script relatively easily) but the way I wrote the plugin make it difficult to keep the existing things working whilst ensuring new things work also OK. It would likely mean that most of the device side of things would need to be re-written and I am afraid at this time I just don't have the time to do it (although I will give it a go if I get any inspiration or idea how to do it easily). is intending on writing a plugin for DoorBird at some point so might be worth keeping an eye on what comes out from him.

Comment

IMPORTANT RE HS4

*** This advice has changed on 10/07/2020 - the plugin does not work reliably with HS4 and whilst it will load you will not get events from the DoorBird ***

Comment

Working...
                                X