No announcement yet.

DoorBird Beta Plugin Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I also think this is a problem related to HS4 seen the error messages.
    That the motion detection is not forwarded to HS4 is strange because the ringing is reported nicely in the HS4 device.
    -- Cor --

Comment

You are right, on my phone-app everything wotks ok! The problem must be related to the use of HS4.
      But the ringing device is working and that is for me the most important.

Comment

Originally posted by mminehan View Post

I'm running HS3.
        You may have a different problem than the one I was having. My DoorBird stopped sending/saving images late October. The last image on the phone app was 21st October. Also same last image on HS3. After a reset of the DoorBord it all came right.
        M
        Spoke too soon. Now the DoorBird has stopped sending push notifications to my phone and the images are not updating with button press again (no updates on the phone app or HS3). HS still registers the button press though. This is weird as it has been working well for over a year, even though the delay is annoying.

Overall I think Doorbird is not that impressive. Expensive and sometimes the delay between someone pushing the button and the app notifying you are very long....when it's working.
        iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

I have HS4 and the button presses do not register... I was looking at TCP dump when I pressed the button, and it looks like the DoorBird (190) is ARPing for Homeseer (5) in my case. Looks like it is trying to call home but not being received.

I am thinking maybe having some Linux script interface to the Doorbird and then toggle a JSON device in HS.

192.168.0.190.3073 > 255.255.255.255.6524: [udp sum ok] UDP, length 23

2020-11-16 16:44:07.416307 IP (tos 0x0, ttl 64, id 0, offset 0, flags [DF], proto UDP (17), length 51)

2020-11-16 16:44:07.416459 IP (tos 0x0, ttl 64, id 0, offset 0, flags [DF], proto UDP (17), length 51)

192.168.0.190.3074 > 255.255.255.255.35344: [udp sum ok] UDP, length 23

2020-11-16 16:44:07.416584 IP (tos 0x0, ttl 64, id 0, offset 0, flags [DF], proto UDP (17), length 51)

2020-11-16 16:44:10.064632 ARP, Ethernet (len 6), IPv4 (len 4), Request who-has 192.168.0.5 tell 192.168.0.190, length 46

2020-11-16 16:44:10.065092 ARP, Ethernet (len 6), IPv4 (len 4), Request who-has 192.168.0.190 tell 192.168.0.5, length 46

2020-11-16 16:44:14.420428 IP (tos 0x0, ttl 64, id 0, offset 0, flags [DF], proto UDP (17), length 51)

2020-11-16 16:44:14.420564 IP (tos 0x0, ttl 64, id 0, offset 0, flags [DF], proto UDP (17), length 51)

2020-11-16 16:44:14.420740 IP (tos 0x0, ttl 64, id 0, offset 0, flags [DF], proto UDP (17), length 51)

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
          Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
          weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
            I have HS4 and the button presses do not register... I was looking at TCP dump when I pressed the button, and it looks like the DoorBird (190) is ARPing for Homeseer (5) in my case. Looks like it is trying to call home but not being received.

I am thinking maybe having some Linux script interface to the Doorbird and then toggle a JSON device in HS.
            Coud be a problem as you describe. I am also using HS4. The Doorbird devices are ok in HS4. If I send in a browser the HTTP Call:
            Code:
            http://192.168.1.20:8080/doorbird?triggertype=1
            then the HS device shows 'ringing'. If I push the Doorbird button then no change in the HS device so there is no traffic coming in from Doorbird or not received correctly in HS.

For the motion sensor the same is the case. The HS device shows 'motion' with a HTTP Call (now triggertype=2) but no motion is reported from the Doorbird itself.

I have no idea how to make a script as you descibe, unfortunately.
            I would be pleased to learn how to do this.
            -- Cor --

Comment

I would like to share another observation. I have been fiddling with the 'Schedule for doorbell' in the settings. Now the button press is working again. This is what I did:

On the top left there is a dropdown menu, it says here: 'Push notification', 'Trigger delay' and 'HTTP(S) calls'.

If I select 'Push notification' then I select the hole scheme by pushing the button at the top right. All fields are filled dark blue.

Then I select 'HTTP(S) calls' and then, in the middle drop down menu I select 'hscall_doorbell'. After pressing the button in top right all fields are filled dark blue again.

Unfortunately I see no option to select all fields in a same way for the hscall_motion_sensor.

But the button press is woking!
              -- Cor --

Comment

Originally posted by Cor View Post
                I am using a DoorBird D101S and want to share some experiences. The command 'http://192.168.1.29/bha-api/info.cgi' yields:

Code:
                {"BHA": { "RETURNCODE": "1", "VERSION": [{"FIRMWARE": "000128","BUILD_NUMBER": "15961006","WIFI_MAC_ADDR": "1CCAE3708962","RELAYS":[],"DEVICE-TYPE": "DoorBird D101S"}]}}
                I also went form HS3 to HS4 version 4.1.9.1 on a RaspberryPi running Raspbian Buster.
                What I did was uninstalling the plugin and removing all the devices concerning Doorbird.
                After installation (version 0.0.0.30) four devices are made, in the HS3 situation I had six devices:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-11-01_133227.png
Views:	457
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	1430252
                Be sure not to change anything on the devices otherwise HS is dropping the device code indeed. If you did, disable and enable the plugin and new devices are made, remove the ones not working. At least, with me it works this way.

Now I see that the status of the doorbell is working but the status of the motion sensor is not. If I use the command

Code:
                http://192.168.1.20:8080/doorbird?triggertype=[12]
                then the bell or motion status changes all right.
                So I think something in the DoorBird is not sending the motion status. I have been playing with the 'Schedule for doorbell' in the Expert Settings but without results.

Suggestions are appreciated.

@mrhappy: would it be possible to rename the device names in a name without spaces or change the space in an underscore? I am using the status in MQTT communication and these spaces are giving me troubles because they form the Topic.

-- Cor --
                I've fixed the device names issue, the code was being dropped but I have now put what was in this field to the end of the address to get around this issue. Sadly you will need to remove your HS devices and start again with a new set.

The motion not being sent is something I'm unsure about - there are two subscriptions that are sent to the device, one for motion the other for the bell. I'd like to think that if the bell was successful then the motion would be but I can't be sure, best thing is to check the HS log when the plugin starts to see if there are any errors around the subscriptions/favourites that are setup.

I will put the plugin in the updater in due course, for the time being it is attached to this post.

I'm afraid my MQTT knowledge is limited but will the fact I have fixed the issue with the devices being able to be renamed now sort this out?
                Attached Files

Comment

Spoke too soon. Now the DoorBird has stopped sending push notifications to my phone and the images are not updating with button press again (no updates on the phone app or HS3). HS still registers the button press though. This is weird as it has been working well for over a year, even though the delay is annoying.

Overall I think Doorbird is not that impressive. Expensive and sometimes the delay between someone pushing the button and the app notifying you are very long....when it's working.
                  I've tried to follow all the posts and I'm sorry for the delay in responding to them all - I don't have a huge amount of visitors so it can be a while for me to notice issues but I'd have to share your observation that the units are starting to get less impressive even as time goes on. It looks like the firmware/app updates make things worse rather than better as when they started out with the simpler devices IMHO they were more reliable...something to be said for keeping it simple.

The plugin follows this route;

1) The HS plugin registers a favourite in the DoorBird device, this favourite is a HTTP call to the HS web server and the plugin web page - this is the URL of
                  http://192.168.1.20:8080/doorbird?triggertype=1 or http://192.168.1.20:8080/doorbird?triggertype=2

2) The HS plugin then needs to create a schedule, I create a schdule for 24x7 use (it could be possible only to get notifications for a time period or something) and then this schedule has a trigger, either motion or doorbell. The schedule then has an action to run a favourite as per previous.

3) If the plugin receives the trigger then it should begin by changing the device value for the respective device, then events fire etc.

Issues will arise when things like this happen;

1) The URL that needs to be sent to the DoorBird unit is something I have to guess based on various HS parameters such as IP, port and whether or not you have username/passwords enabled for local LAN access. If someone suddenly changes their HS IP/port or such like post the DoorBird plugin sending that to the device then the device may be trying to reach HS in the wrong place or without a username/password.

2) If HS4 adopts a different route for web serving (such as using IIS or something) then they might not like the DoorBird unit making a web call to HS without additional parameters - that might not happen but it could do one day.

3) The DoorBird API makes several references to the app taking priority over local viewers, I think the hardware is quite limited in places so if it is busy with the app who knows how much effort the device will make calling into HS.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post

I've fixed the device names issue, the code was being dropped but I have now put what was in this field to the end of the address to get around this issue. Sadly you will need to remove your HS devices and start again with a new set.

The motion not being sent is something I'm unsure about - there are two subscriptions that are sent to the device, one for motion the other for the bell. I'd like to think that if the bell was successful then the motion would be but I can't be sure, best thing is to check the HS log when the plugin starts to see if there are any errors around the subscriptions/favourites that are setup.

I will put the plugin in the updater in due course, for the time being it is attached to this post.

I'm afraid my MQTT knowledge is limited but will the fact I have fixed the issue with the devices being able to be renamed now sort this out?
                    Thanks for looking into this. I stopped the plugin and started again after copying the new exe file. This is what I see in the log:

Code:
                    nov.-21 15:56:50 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The operation has timed out.
                    nov.-21 15:56:40 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The operation has timed out.
                    nov.-21 15:56:30 DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The operation has timed out.
                    nov.-21 15:56:20 DoorBird DoorBird Relays: 1
                    nov.-21 15:56:20 DoorBird DoorBird Device Type: DoorBird D101S
                    nov.-21 15:56:20 DoorBird DoorBird WiFi MAC Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    nov.-21 15:56:20 DoorBird DoorBird Build Number: 15961006
                    nov.-21 15:56:20 DoorBird DoorBird Firmware: 000128
                    nov.-21 15:56:19 DoorBird HomeSeer IP Address Found: 192.168.1.20:8080
                    nov.-21 15:56:19 DoorBird DoorBird Password: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    nov.-21 15:56:19 DoorBird DoorBird Username: ggzvnuxxxxx
                    nov.-21 15:56:19 DoorBird DoorBird IP Address: 192.168.1.29
                    nov.-21 15:56:19 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in DoorBird
                    nov.-21 15:56:19 Starting Plug-In DoorBird loaded in 900 milliseconds
                    nov.-21 15:56:19 Starting Plug-In Plugin DoorBird started successfully in 146 milliseconds
                    nov.-21 15:56:19 DoorBird HS4 Detected ** PLEASE NOTE HS4 IS NOT SUPPORTED **
                    nov.-21 15:56:19 DoorBird Plugin Starting - Checking if HS4/HS3
                    nov.-21 15:56:19 DoorBird DoorBird Plugin Starting Interface:
                    nov.-21 15:56:19 Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin DoorBird ...
                    nov.-21 15:56:19 Info Plugin DoorBird has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:38436
                    nov.-21 15:55:53 Info Plugin DoorBird with ID: and Instance: has disconnected
                    nov.-21 15:55:53 Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: DoorBird
                    Could the 'DoorBird Web Exception' mean that the bell and motion device are wrong?

I also noticed that there are no new devices made. The excisting ones do still work. If I push the button the HS device reports ringing. Motion does not work.

MQTT is working fine.
                    -- Cor --

Comment

So after contacting Doorbird and giving them remote access they discovered that the "schedule for actions' in the app had been completely cleared meaning no notifications or image captures were being actioned. I had not ever cleared any schedules. I didn't even know about schedules to be honest. So I am not sure how this happened.

'Schedules for actions' in the app can be found under 'settings/adminiinstration/expert settings'. And there are 3 actions that all have their own schedules: push notification, trigger relay and HTTP(s) calls.

Anyway, enabling all these again has fixed my particular problem and things are functioning again, including the HS3 plugin.

Thanks for you work on this plugin mrhappy .
                      ​​​​
                      iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

So after contacting Doorbird and giving them remote access they discovered that the "schedule for actions' in the app had been completely cleared meaning no notifications or image captures were being actioned. I had not ever cleared any schedules. I didn't even know about schedules to be honest. So I am not sure how this happened.

'Schedules for actions' in the app can be found under 'settings/adminiinstration/expert settings'. And there are 3 actions that all have their own schedules: push notification, trigger relay and HTTP(s) calls.

Anyway, enabling all these again has fixed my particular problem and things are functioning again, including the HS3 plugin.

​​​​
                        The Doorbird plugin cleares the schedules.
                        there is a button "Remove Notifications/Schedules", that removes the schedules in the doorbird self
                        And stops the Push messages etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul32 View Post
                          The Doorbird plugin cleares the schedules.
                          there is a button "Remove Notifications/Schedules", that removes the schedules in the doorbird self
                          And stops the Push messages etc...
                          Why does the plugin have this? Seems the only way to reenable them is through the app?

I updated the app from the zip and re-enabled the three schedules. (Highlighing everything is white which wasn't abundantly clear)

I now get the notifications on my phone, but not in homeseer.

I have two Doorbirds. From one, I get nothing. From the other-- I get this...

Thinking about deleting the doorbirds and readding.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 5.32.39 PM.png
Views:	223
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	1435291
                          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                          Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                          weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

​​​​
                            Your experience corresponds with my observation as reprted in post#381. But in my case only the push button reacts, the motion sensor does not.
                            Also, no images are send to the plugin, that might be an HS4 issue.

Comment

Furthermore, I see a missing file being repoted during startup:
                              Code:
                              nov.-22 17:23:18 Warning File does not exist: /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/DoorBird
                              if I push the button then in the HS log I see:
                              Code:
                              nov.-22 18:26:16 DoorBird ReturnDownloadedImage Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                              Are these typical HS4 issues?

Comment

In my case with the DoorBird D101S there are two locations for setting the schedules !!

The first one is at the Expert Settings in the 'Schedule for doorbell'.

In the settings for the 3D Motion Sensor there is the second possibility for setting the 'schedule for actions' of the 3D sensor !!

After enabling the schedule the motion sensor is working OK!
                                I hope someone can use this observation.

Now for HS4 the motion and button pressed sensors are working both ok! The only thing that does not work is the upload of figures to HS.

It also takes a several minutes before the Doorbird settings page shows up. In the log I see the message:
                                Code:
                                nov.-23 20:58:13         DoorBird    ReturnDownloadedImage Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                                I think a typical HS4 issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X