Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DoorBird Beta Plugin Release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DoorBird Beta Plugin Release

    All,

    Following on from http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181427 I have written a plugin for the DoorBird doorbell units (https://www.doorbird.com/).

    It is a reasonably simple plugin and will exploit most of the available commands from the LAN API.

    Any issues/concerns/suggestions please post them to this thread and I will try and resolve, please read the documentation however.

    The plugin is and always will be FREE, however if you do wish to donate you are more than welcome to (absolutely no obligation to do so) - if only so I can buy more HA related stuff - Donation Link - https://www.paypal.me/krang

    Plugin is now in the updater

    Documentation & Release Notes: Link
    Last edited by mrhappy; August 4th, 2018, 03:04 AM.
    My Plugins:

    Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

  • #2
    Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
    All,

    Following on from http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181427 I have written a BETA plugin for the DoorBird doorbell units (https://www.doorbird.com/).

    The plugin has been tested by some and appears to work, it is reasonably simple and will exploit most of the available commands from the LAN API.

    The plugin is a simple installation and is not available through the updater, download the zip file in this post and place it in the HS directory. It has been briefly tested on Linux (via a VM) so should work there.

    It is beta so any issues/concerns/suggestions please post them to this thread and I will try and resolve, please read the documentation however.

    The plugin will be free but it will be opened up for donation in due course if anyone wishes to do so.
    Thank you!

    Sent from my moto x

    Comment


    • #3
      Wonderful! Thanks for developing this. I've been considering purchasing a Doorbird and think I'll go ahead and do it now. Will this plugin run on Linux?
      HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
      Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
      Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
      Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by reidfo View Post
        Wonderful! Thanks for developing this. I've been considering purchasing a Doorbird and think I'll go ahead and do it now. Will this plugin run on Linux?
        I've tested it on an Ubuntu VM and it looks to work fine, I don't have anything else to test it on like a Zee or anything but I can't see it not working on that if it works on Ubuntu.
        My Plugins:

        Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
        Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

        Comment


        • #5
          awesome works great already setup an event to pulse the lifx light bulbs and speak Someones at the door. Plan to setup speak to Amazon Echo via Bluetooth.

          Many thanks mate where do I donate?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Duc998 View Post
            awesome works great already setup an event to pulse the lifx light bulbs and speak Someones at the door. Plan to setup speak to Amazon Echo via Bluetooth.

            Many thanks mate where do I donate?
            I've put the donation link in the first post and thanks for the feedback - please let me know if you have any issues/ideas for the plugin.
            My Plugins:

            Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
            Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

            Comment


            • #7
              Nice, thanks for this!

              Comment


              • #8
                KODI Integration

                Hi mrhappy,

                Before I get excited, can you please add the option to integrate with Spud's Kodi plugin like this here :http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1213403 It would be nice to add an extra setting to choose the Kodi IP address/addresses on the network. Imagine that!
                Shouldn't everything got to be inter connected or seamless in HomeSeer?

                And on another note, here http://www.htpcbeginner.com/kodi-sec...ance-software/ is the link with extra scripts for more cameras.



                Eman.
                Devil's Advocate.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Honestly what your asking for is out side of the scope of the plugin and already possible. I use Kodi and the securitycam overlay to show cameras from BlueIris.

                  From what I understand the you can integrate the feed from the camera with blue iris or any other NVR and using events trigger that add-on and pass a parameter to show that specific camera based on a trigger from the plugin.

                  Basically it's all there already

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Eman View Post
                    Hi mrhappy,

                    Before I get excited, can you please add the option to integrate with Spud's Kodi plugin like this here :http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1213403 It would be nice to add an extra setting to choose the Kodi IP address/addresses on the network. Imagine that!
                    Shouldn't everything got to be inter connected or seamless in HomeSeer?

                    And on another note, here http://www.htpcbeginner.com/kodi-sec...ance-software/ is the link with extra scripts for more cameras.



                    Eman.
                    I'm sorry but I am not going to add specific options for specific plugins. Inter-connectivity is what the HomeSeer application is for, making calls between plugins means I have to contact authors, come to agreements over how data is exchanged, be wary in my plugin when I make changes to determine if it breaks anything else (and yes I have been here before) etc. I also don't own the plugin in question and would have to buy it.

                    Providing you can link to a static image from Kodi (which I imagine you can) then the functionality already exists in the plugin, when you download an image from the device it will sit in the HS HTML directory and you can link Kodi to this image and it should display.

                    Edit: Beaten to it with the same information!
                    My Plugins:

                    Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
                    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Relating to KODI wrote about a custom IP Camera script over on Cocoontech in 2014 for XBMC ==>

                      XBMC Security Cam Overlay Script

                      It will need a bit of adjustments for current KODI.

                      Just tested a new IP camera script that works with RTSP and MJPEG just fine.

                      IE using Zoneminder.
                      RTSP==> rtsp://www.xxx.yyy.zzz/4?tcp
                      MJPEG ==> hxxp://www.xxx.yyy.zzz/zm/?view=watch&mid=5

                      It is located here:

                      IPCam

                      You can just download the script zip file and install it, configure it using RTSP in about 5 minutes.

                      For multiple cameras just change the name of the IP camera in the configuration and the name of the zip file to match your camera.
                      Last edited by Pete; July 13th, 2016, 03:46 PM.
                      - Pete

                      Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.500 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit Intel CPU - Mono 5.18
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.531 (Linux) - ARMBian Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit Arm CPU - Mono 5.20

                      X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Pete View Post
                        Relating to KODI wrote about a custom IP Camera script over on Cocoontech in 2014 for XBMC ==>

                        XBMC Security Cam Overlay Script

                        It will need a bit of adjustments for current KODI.

                        Just tested a new IP camera script that works with RTSP and MJPEG just fine.

                        IE using Zoneminder.
                        RTSP==> rtsp://www.xxx.yyy.zzz/4?tcp
                        MJPEG ==> hxxp://www.xxx.yyy.zzz/zm/?view=watch&mid=5

                        It is located here:

                        IPCam

                        You can just download the script zip file and install it, configure it using RTSP in about 5 minutes.

                        For multiple cameras just change the name of the IP camera in the configuration and the name of the zip file to match your camera.

                        Nice one Pete,

                        I think it's the same script discused about here :http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=182540.
                        It's been kept alive (recycled) over the years. Credits still go to you.


                        Eman.
                        Devil's Advocate.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                          I'm sorry but I am not going to add specific options for specific plugins. Inter-connectivity is what the HomeSeer application is for, making calls between plugins means I have to contact authors, come to agreements over how data is exchanged, be wary in my plugin when I make changes to determine if it breaks anything else (and yes I have been here before) etc. I also don't own the plugin in question and would have to buy it.

                          Providing you can link to a static image from Kodi (which I imagine you can) then the functionality already exists in the plugin, when you download an image from the device it will sit in the HS HTML directory and you can link Kodi to this image and it should display.

                          Edit: Beaten to it with the same information!

                          The only reason I asked is I saw this "The DoorBird unit will only allow one connection at a time to the API" in the help file and I though that may be your plugin takes sole control of the device. I'm still waiting for the device to come and test. If it can still send video/image to other devices and at the same time connected to the plugin then that's a plus because that's how I view the image in Kodi. So with you events/device change I can invoke the Kodi plugin to show the video. Cool.



                          Eman.
                          Devil's Advocate.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yup; the IPCam script mentioned is much simpler to configure than the overlay script.

                            You just have to enter a link for your camera. With RTSP you can stream a variety of resolutions.
                            - Pete

                            Auto mator
                            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.500 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit Intel CPU - Mono 5.18
                            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.531 (Linux) - ARMBian Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit Arm CPU - Mono 5.20

                            X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'll have to check that script out,

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X