Creating Graphs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating Graphs

I have found a site which allows you to post sensor data from HS3 to the site and automatically create graphs.

The site is www.initialstate.com

Once you create an account, create a 'bucket' manually on the web site, get your Keys then, making use of it's REST API, publish the data using an Event to run an immediate script - for example:

&hs.URLAction "https://groker.initialstate.com/api/events?accessKey=YourAccessKey&bucketKey=YourBucketKey","POS T","Lounge="&HS.DeviceValueEx(160),""

This publishes my Lounge temperature in the graph attached. Publish another to the same bucket replacing Lounge with another room and the appropriate Device ID

You can stack graphs - in my case, I have the main room temps & outside temp against the Light levels - this way I can see how quickly the rooms heat up or cool down as the OAT changes.

I must thank Paul Ockenden for publishing details of this site in PCPro (UK)

Hope someone find this useful

Cheers
    Scott
    Attached Files

Thanks for posting this... I have been trying to come up with a good way to do graphing. I have my data stored in a SQL database already, but was struggling with getting it to look right (my fault as I am not a coder), and I am currently using device history plugin, which works, but is limited in it's abilities to make the graph the way I want.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
      Thanks for posting this... I have been trying to come up with a good way to do graphing. I have my data stored in a SQL database already, but was struggling with getting it to look right (my fault as I am not a coder), and I am currently using device history plugin, which works, but is limited in it's abilities to make the graph the way I want.
      It took me about 30 minutes in total to setup the account and bucket and play with the URLAction command until I got it working, so since I've given a working URL format, you should get something up & running in no time!

Note that the free version keeps data for 24H but that might be long enough to get a feel for whats going on. I have signed up for the standard account so I can see how it changes of the months.

Good luck
      Scott

Comment

Are these suitable for HSTouch? Meaning, can you take the graph and save it as an image to show on a HSTouch client?
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          Are these suitable for HSTouch? Meaning, can you take the graph and save it as an image to show on a HSTouch client?
          Not sure - It is just a web page but looks like you may need to navigate to the required display. Once you get there it should be fine....

Comment

Hello,

i'm in France, so i use comma for separate my decimals data (temp_pool = 21,5)

i create an event to send my temp pool to Initialstate, i see my data in save data, but nothing in lines .

I think i must replace comma by dot.

How i do this? Write an external script for each device?

Can you help me

Thanks

Jean-Francois.

Comment

Originally posted by jfla View Post
              Hello,

i'm in France, so i use comma for separate my decimals data (temp_pool = 21,5)

i create an event to send my temp pool to Initialstate, i see my data in save data, but nothing in lines .

I think i must replace comma by dot.

How i do this? Write an external script for each device?

Can you help me

Thanks

Jean-Francois.
              Hi jean-Francois

I don't know, but I would think you might need a script with a replace() method

Does it look right in the data screen?

It might be an idea to send an email to InitialStates support

Scott

Comment

hi,
                i opened a ticket to IntialState

Thanks

Comment

hi,
                  i opened a ticket to IntialState

Thanks
                  Good. Be sure to post the solution for others.

Scott

Comment

I write a script to replace Comma by Dot and put data to InitialState

I want to paste the device name to script for updating my bucket with device name AND value of device

Sub Main(Parm As Object)
                    Dim DvName As String
                    Dim Dvvalue
                    DvName = Parm
                    Log("Name device " & DvName)
                    Dvvalue = hs.DeviceValueByNameEx(Parm)
                    Log("Valeur device " & Dvvalue)
                    Dvvalue = Replace(Dvvalue,",",".")
                    hs.URLAction ("https://groker.initialstate.com/api/events?accessKey=MyKey&bucketKey=MyKey","POST",&DvName=&Dvvalue,"")
                    End Sub

Sub Log(ByVal ParStr As String)
                    hs.WriteLog("test", ParStr)
                    End Sub
                    I get an error when i run the line with hs.URLAction (Variable DvName do this error)

If i put the device name in hs.URLAction ("https://groker.initialstate.com/api/events?accessKey=MyKey&bucketKey=MyKey","POST","Piscine_Temp="&Dvvalue,"")

It's OK

Can you help me

Thanks.
                    Jean-Francois.
                    Last edited by jfla; July 18, 2016, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Hello,

i find the right command to send device name as parameter

Sub Main(ByVal Parm As Object)
                      Dim DvName As String
                      Dim Dvvalue
                      DvName = (Parm & "=")
                      Log("Name device " & DvName)

Dvvalue = hs.DeviceValueByNameEx(Parm)
                      Dvvalue = Replace(Dvvalue,",",".")
                      hs.URLAction ("https://groker.initialstate.com/api/events?accessKey=MyKey&bucketKey=MyKey","POST",DvName &Dvvalue,"")
                      End Sub

Sub Log(ByVal ParStr As String)
                      hs.WriteLog("test", ParStr)
                      End Sub
                      Now it's OK

Jean-Francois

Comment

I haven't tested this out yet, but shouldn't you probably remove the image of your accessKey and bucketKey from this post?

I write a script to replace Comma by Dot and put data to InitialState

I want to paste the device name to script for updating my bucket with device name AND value of device

I get an error when i run the line with hs.URLAction (Variable DvName do this error)

If i put the device name in hs.URLAction ("https://groker.initialstate.com/api/events?accessKey=MyKey&bucketKey=MyKey","POST","Piscine_Temp="&Dvvalue,"")

It's OK

Can you help me

Thanks.
                        Jean-Francois.

Comment

No problem, it's an old bucket and removed from InitialState

Jean-francois.

Comment

@ScottRennie

I run my script when a device value change

I have several events with same script and i paste into variable the device name and the value of device

Jean-Francois
                            Attached Files

Comment

Jean-Francois,

I've been using this for a while now... Have you had any issues with HS3 getting "stuck" where it can't connect to the InitialState site to post the data? I'm running HS3 at two separate locations - one loses connectivity every few hours (sometimes needing a reboot to continue), the other tends to last a few days, and usually recovers by itself after the Post Timeouts start.

I'm thinking it has something to do with InitialState changing their IP address on a frequent basis, and something funky with DNS lookup on my end...

Comment

Working...
                              X