HS3 Pro changed Web Server Port - Can't change back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Pro changed Web Server Port - Can't change back

Since this morning, My HS3 Pro setup is not working and rebooting does not help. I'm running HS3 on a Supermicro server running WHS2011; HS3 runs as a service. When I try to boot HS3 manually, it won't start and I get an error that says that it can't open the web server port and in the log it says that it's trying to use port 80. I've had the web server port set to 8090 for a long time, so I'm not sure why it's changed.

I found a couple of threads where people have the same issue HERE and HERE. In those threads, it's mentioned that if the server port is busy, then HS3 will change it. I never run anything but HS3 on port 8090.

Port 80 is reserved by my OS, so I need to use a custom port. Also, if HS3 changes the port if it's busy, why doesn't it change it from 80 instead of throwing an error.

The solution given in those threads say to add a line to the /config/settings.ini file under [settings] as such:
    srvport=8090

I have done this and restarted HS3 and it is still trying to open port 80 and failing to start as a result.

Does anyone know of some way to change my web server port back to 8090?

Originally posted by VickVinegar View Post
    Since this morning, My HS3 Pro setup is not working and rebooting does not help. I'm running HS3 on a Supermicro server running WHS2011; HS3 runs as a service. When I try to boot HS3 manually, it won't start and I get an error that says that it can't open the web server port and in the log it says that it's trying to use port 80. I've had the web server port set to 8090 for a long time, so I'm not sure why it's changed.

I found a couple of threads where people have the same issue HERE and HERE. In those threads, it's mentioned that if the server port is busy, then HS3 will change it. I never run anything but HS3 on port 8090.

Port 80 is reserved by my OS, so I need to use a custom port. Also, if HS3 changes the port if it's busy, why doesn't it change it from 80 instead of throwing an error.

The solution given in those threads say to add a line to the /config/settings.ini file under [settings] as such:
    srvport=8090

I have done this and restarted HS3 and it is still trying to open port 80 and failing to start as a result.

Does anyone know of some way to change my web server port back to 8090?
    Close, try this:
    gWebSvrPort=8090

Z

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
      Close, try this:
      gWebSvrPort=8090

Z
      Yes that worked! Thank you very much!!

Comment

Working...
      X