Z-Wave switch and dimmer: Cooper RF9500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave switch and dimmer: Cooper RF9500

This is a battery-operated switch, and thus does not control an actual load (it is less than 1cm thick and can stick on to the exterior wall). The switch has been included as the first node of my z-wave network, and HS recognizes it.

I do not want to associate the switch with another z-wave device, but rather use HS3 to detect that the switch has been pressed, and perform some action. In my case, the action is to use the HS3 plug-in "ultralighting3" to turn off my LIFX bulbs (wi-fi) on and off, and to dim them.

I've been successful in turning the lights on and off when the main switch is pressed. I get an off signal, or an on signal, and the plug-in does its job in turning on and off.

However, I have no dimmer functionality. I see nothing in the log (stdout from the linux HS3 process) for HomeSeer that indicates the dimmer button press is even recognized in HS3. I understand that because this device can't be polled (it's battery operated), and is not associated with another z-wave device, it does not maintain any state (as far as I can see), thus it would be impossible to detect an absolute 0-255 value. However, if I can at least know that up or down was pressed, I can maintain state via homeseer or some external means.

Any ideas why up/down on the dimmer is not being recognized?
Working...
X