Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

a couple of questions regarding support of Fibaro devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a couple of questions regarding support of Fibaro devices

I am a long term vera user who is looking for a new ha solotion.
    I have spent the last 3 weeks reading everything about HomeSeer I could find.

To make sure that all the devices I have installed will be working with Homeseer I sent the questions below to the HomeSeer pre-sales contact 2 weeks ago, but sadly they did not answer.
    Maybe you can help me out.

I mainly use Fibaro devices. From a look at the list of supported devices it seems that I might run into some incompatibilities.
    In order to get first hand experience I first tried running the trial version on Win10 which gave me lots of issues with Homeseer dropping the connection to my zwave.me UZB-stick. I recently switched to the trial Linux Version running on Ubuntu. No more drops so far.

Below you'll find the devices I have excluded from my vera zwave network and included in HomeSeer but having troubles with.

- Roller Shutter FGRM-222
    I use these in venetian blind mode which means I am able to control the position and the tilt of the blinds.
    In Vera I have 2 sliders, one for position up/down, one for changing tilt angle. In Vera this is done via a virtual device that sends zwave commands, so tilt has no native vera support.
    (see these threads for details http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=24050.0
    https://forum.z-wave.me/viewtopic.php?f=3423&t=22122 )
    I would not mind doing something similar in Homeseer if I was guided to do so. I have read all the threads on the board, I know the Fibaro devices are not certified, but: Blind control is the single most important feature to me.
    If I am not able to get this to work it will be a deal breaker.
    Is there a way to send a zwave command to the Fibaro device via scriptingas I do in Vera?

- Dimmer FGD211
    In Vera I make heavy use of the scene controller functionality (single/double/triple click on the S2 paddle) to turn on/off a group of lights.
    This has a great WAF which I am not willing to loose. Until now I was not able to get this working in Homeseer.
    I set parameter of the dimmer device to 41 to 1 (whichs turns on scene controller function) and included it and under capabilities it does show Scene_Activation. Alas, I have no idea how to setup a scene. In PLUG-INS > Z-WAVE > Scene Management I can see my device, but when I select it i get the message "a non-scene capable device exists in the above scene properties".

- Door Sensor FGK-101
    these are working very reliably in Vera but give my quite some head aches in HomeSeer. One of the devices (the one closest to my UZB-stick, probably 3m away) will show "door closed" even though it is not. Opening / closing the door one or twice will remedy that. Still, this is no acceptable solution.
    On another door sensor HomeSeer created 6 child devices for "unknown alarm type in alarm". Excluding/including does't solve this. The same device was fine in Vera.

Any advice to any of my questions is appreciated.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Have you got the Fibaro Dimmer scene activation functionality workable in Homeseer?

Comment

Comment

Working...
      X