Events Triggering twice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Events Triggering twice

As stated most of my events are triggering twice?

I have Events firing off other events and those "other" events trigger twice.

Is anyone else seeing this?

I am running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.280

EDIT: I have the can not re-run set to a value for now. Is that how this is supposed to be used?
    -Skybolt

Originally posted by skybolt View Post

EDIT: I have the can not re-run set to a value for now. Is that how this is supposed to be used?
    Yes. The processing engine is to quick so you need to tell it not to rerun to prevent the rerunning within the same second.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It depends on how the event is structured. Post an example of one that is being double triggered.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

SparkMan - it's even when I test manually triggered events. So I suspect Rupp is correct, since it's being triggered from a web interface.

Thanks guys!
        -Skybolt

Comment

SparkMan - it's even when I test manually triggered events. So I suspect Rupp is correct, since it's being triggered from a web interface.

Thanks guys!
          I have many events that don't have that option set and none trigger more than once. Try .283 or a later version.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
            I have many events that don't have that option set and none trigger more than once. Try .283 or a later version.

Cheers
            Al
            I would sure like to know what the secret is? Even adding the option of not triggering within x time doesn't work on all events. Some of my events don't use this either. But the ones that are used the most seem to be effected, or they are just more obvious that it happens with them.

[rant]I don't care how fast HS3 processes things, this should not be an issue and needs to be looked at. I really wish HS2 was still supported. ... [/rant]
            -Skybolt

Comment

[rant]I don't care how fast HS3 processes things, this should not be an issue and needs to be looked at. . .[/rant]
              I totally agree, but since there is a work around that (usually) works, it's going to sit well down on the priority list for a while. There are still quite a few bugs and gaps to address. HS3 is still on version 3.0, after all.
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                ... but since there is a work around that (usually) works, ...
                What is the workaround? because the Do not trigger in x minutes doesn't seem to work very well ...
                -Skybolt

Comment

What is the workaround? because the Do not trigger in x minutes doesn't seem to work very well ...
                  I disagree with Rupp on this one. I don't think your problem is caused by the rapid retriggering issue. AFAIK that problem is resolved by preventing retriggering for some period of time. (I find that even specifying one second is effective.) And it is not a problem with all events, most often it's events with recurring triggers or events that change a condition on the event trigger. Nor do you appear to be seeing the runaway retriggering that is typical of that issue (scores or repeats in a few seconds).

As I understand it, you are seeing one, and only one, repeat trigger. I have not encountered that problem, nor do I recall seeing anyone else report it on the Board. I suspect there is something else at work in your system.
                  Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                  HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                    ... As I understand it, you are seeing one, and only one, repeat trigger. I have not encountered that problem, nor do I recall seeing anyone else report it on the Board. I suspect there is something else at work in your system.
                    Pretty much the case, only one re-trigger from what I can see. I use events differently then most do though. I pretty much have one manually triggered event for a device or group of devices (lights). I then have other events act on them for scenes and the like. That way I don't end up re-writting a score of events, only the manual ones which control a device. I can have events firing events three layers deep at times. This worked great in HS2 and without fail most days. That is how I got HS2 to work perfectly for me and did not have any of the issues most others had.

The most annoying repeat is the morning wake up event ... Hearing the time and weather repeated multiple times is too much at times ...

So all that said can anyone add to what maybe happening?
                    -Skybolt

Comment

Pretty much the case, only one re-trigger from what I can see. I use events differently then most do though. I pretty much have one manually triggered event for a device or group of devices (lights). I then have other events act on them for scenes and the like. That way I don't end up re-writting a score of events, only the manual ones which control a device. I can have events firing events three layers deep at times. This worked great in HS2 and without fail most days. That is how I got HS2 to work perfectly for me and did not have any of the issues most others had.

The most annoying repeat is the morning wake up event ... Hearing the time and weather repeated multiple times is too much at times ...

So all that said can anyone add to what maybe happening?
                      I don't think this is a problem others have reported. There was a problem introduced with recurring events during the 3.0.0.260-3.0.0.280 area. There were some problems of corrupted events that were created and/or edited during that time, especially those with recurring triggers.

I would do two things. First I would update to beta 3.0.0.289 here:
                      http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_289.exe

I *think* there were some more changes that had to do with event issues even after 3.0.0.280. There is also a newer beta out, but I think the changes between .289 and .292 were mostly to do with Linux. I am running 3.0.0.292 from here:
                      http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_292.exe

The next thing I would do if an upgrade doesn't solve your problem, delete and recreate one of your failing recurring trigger events. DO NOT copy it as that could copy the corruption, recreate it from scratch. If the event is corrupted, that will fix it.

If it is still not working, I am out of ideas. I have never read of an event experiencing multiple triggers when run from the event management page.
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                        ... I would do two things. First I would update to beta 3.0.0.289 here:
                        http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_289.exe ...
                        Al -Sparkman also suggested the same thing. I guess thats my only option, so
                        I'll give that a try and post back.

Thanks guys!
                        -Skybolt

Comment

Al -Sparkman also suggested the same thing. I guess thats my only option, so
                          I'll give that a try and post back.

Thanks guys!
                          Also remember, that you might have a corrupted event trigger that might still be a problem with a newer beta. If that happens try rebuilding 1 troublesome event and see if it begins to behave.
                          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I have a few events just sending an email with a device value at certain times. Some of them send the mail twice, which is probably the same thing as triggering the event twice. Releases .289 or .292 don't solve that problem. Just recreating the event can solve it, or not. One must keep trying and hope for the best.
                            That problem dates back to the first releases of HS3 and apparently has never been adressed.

Comment

Well no joy on recreating the events multiple times.

I am at the point where I can create e new event group, create a new event that is manually triggered and have it speak one word and that event triggers twice. setting the do not re-trigger to any value does absolutely nothing.

Man I am so glad I wasted so much time upgrading ...

This software only has to do two things, manage devices and run events. And it can't do that correctly. Sorry Rich, but this really needs to be fixed!

Thanks for all of the help guys, I am going to keep plugging away to see what might fix this, if anything.
                              -Skybolt

Comment

Working...
                              X