Simple HS3 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple HS3 question

I am about to upgrade my HS3 CPU. When installed, HS3 creates a directory named HS3Pro. If I copy that entire directory, about 322 MB, will simply installing that directory on my new CPU make HS3 fully functional or do I also need to download the program and plug ins? Are there any other steps required to bring HS3 back to full operation?
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    6 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Update HS3 to the latest version on your current CPU. Then install a fresh copy of HS3 on your new PC with the same directory structure as the old. Finally copy the entire HS3 directory from the old CPU over the top of the new install.
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff View Post
      I am about to upgrade my HS3 CPU. When installed, HS3 creates a directory named HS3Pro. If I copy that entire directory, about 322 MB, will simply installing that directory on my new CPU make HS3 fully functional or do I also need to download the program and plug ins? Are there any other steps required to bring HS3 back to full operation?
      It depends.

Is this a Windows installation? It is unusual for it to install in a directory HS3Pro. Under Windows it installs in a directory "HomeSeer HS3" under Program Files or Program Files (x86).

Is this going from Windows to Windows?
      Are both the versions the same type - 32-bit or 64-bit?

If it is a Windows installation of the same variety, you can install a new copy of the core program on the new machine, then copy the entire HomeSeer directory from the old machine to the new, overwriting all files. The only requirement is that the full path to the HomeSeer directory is explicitly the same - e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3". If your directory structure on the old machine was different, you can force HomeSeer to install in the same structure on the new machine, unless you are going from a default 32-bit to a default 64-bit (or the reverse) installation.

If this is not the case, then you need to install HomeSeer and all of your plug-ins on the new machine, backup your configuration from the old machine and restore to the new. The configuration backup copies the \scripts,\config and \data directories to a .zip file which can then be restored to the new machine usin the same utility.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
      X