HSPRO3 - Error Writing To Log File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSPRO3 - Error Writing To Log File

Keep getting HS Error writing to the log file. Anyone else getting this or have suggestions? Happens several times a day are random times. Error is always the same except it may be between 2 to 6 records failed.

Jul-22 18:21:25 Error 4 Log records failed to be written to the log database, resetting database.
    Jul-22 18:21:25 Error SQL Exception adding record(s) to the LOG database(0): database is locked database is locked, Code=5 SQL=

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.291 (Windows)
    HomeSeer: Is Registered
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard - Server
    OS Version: 6.3.9600 Service Pack: 0.0
    Processor Type and Speed: Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 at 1.86 GHz
    Modules/Threads: 114 Modules, 83 Threads
    Available Threads: 200
    System Processes/Load: 64 Processes, 14% Load
    Free / Total Physical Memory: 1.97 GBytes / 3.47 GBytes (57% free)
    Free / Total Virtual Memory: 2.63 GBytes / 4.09 GBytes (64% free)
    HomeSeer Memory Used: 128 Mbytes
    Plug-In Memory Used: 8 EXE Plug-Ins using 227 Mbytes
    HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Are you running any Antivirus software? It could be that the AV is scanning the file and causing the file locked issue.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I went ahead and excluded the folder where the log file is located the other day and rebooted the server. Still no luck I keep getting them.
      Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
      BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

I'm getting SQL exception... database is locked Code=5 too

Just upgraded from 280 to 293 and I'm getting the same error.

Comment

Same here, upgraded to .293 and am getting the log errors

Comment

Try backing up and then deleting your log file.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              Try backing up and then deleting your log file.
              Thats what I did Rupp and I'm good now.

Comment

I backed up the log and deleted it and it work for a couple weeks... Now I get the errors again.

Aug-26 11:24:11 Error 3 Log records failed to be written to the log database, resetting database.
                Aug-26 11:24:11 Error SQL Exception adding record(s) to the LOG database(0): database is locked database is locked, Code=5 SQL=

Comment

I'm seeing this as well.
                  My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

The log file is getting corrupted so you need to delete and allow the system to recreate the log file. I see this if HS3 encounters a hard shut down leaving the database journal files in place.

Comment

It has to be something else and deleting and letting it recreate is just a band-aid. I have had no hard shut downs since the last delete and recreate and today I see it is now up to 12 records.

Aug-31 08:05:26 Error 12 Log records failed to be written to the log database, resetting database.
                      Logging Class CheckLen
                      Aug-31 08:05:26 Error SQL Exception adding record(s) to the LOG database(0): database is locked database is locked, Code=5 SQL=
                      Logging Class CheckLen

The Logging Class CheckLen part is new. The only thing that has changed in my system is the update of the Z-Wave from .90 to .92 to fix a battery reporting issue.

If we are going to have to delete and let the database recreate, then we need a way to view the saved logs.

Michael

Comment

I'm having the same problem. The occurrences are usually about 1.5 to 2.5 hours apart although once in a while is has recurred after only five minutes. This is with 3.0.0.293.
                        Anyone know if there's a fix out there? Or in the works?

Thanks

Comment

I thought maybe it happens with the size of the log file, but that just disproved. I updated to .297 and started up HS3. It was up not even 5 minutes when I show the errors in the log.

Sep-07 13:44:48 Error 3 Log records failed to be written to the log database, resetting database.
                          Sep-07 13:44:48 Error SQL Exception adding record(s) to the LOG database(0): database is locked database is locked, Code=5 SQL=

Can it have something to do with the web interface trying to access the log while the system is using the log?

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
                            I thought maybe it happens with the size of the log file, but that just disproved. I updated to .297 and started up HS3. It was up not even 5 minutes when I show the errors in the log.

Sep-07 13:44:48 Error 3 Log records failed to be written to the log database, resetting database.
                            Sep-07 13:44:48 Error SQL Exception adding record(s) to the LOG database(0): database is locked database is locked, Code=5 SQL=

Can it have something to do with the web interface trying to access the log while the system is using the log?
                            Restarting it does not empty the log file. Just the display will default to showing the entries since startup. To start with a completely new log file, shut down HS, delete or rename the log database file in the logs directory and then restart.

Cheers
                            Al
                            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Seeing the same problem.

tenholde
                              tenholde

Comment

Working...
                              X