Switch event won't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switch event won't work

I recently migrated my home to HS3. One of my events uses a light switch to turn off all of the lights in the house. This is an older switch, maybe an Intermatic. The event worked perfectly in a HS2 and I basically set it up the same way. The event is simple: if it's after 9 PM, when the status of the light switch changes to off, turn off all the house lights. For some reason, the event will not work. I have increased the polling of the switch to once every five seconds. The log, however, never shows event being triggered. Any ideas?
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    6 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Can you post a screen shot of the event?
    Does the HS device accurately reflect the physical state of the switch?
    A screen shot of the Status Graphics tab of the switch might be helpful as well.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks Mike, I probably just figured it out. I'm not yet used to the new HS3 time constraints. I probably had a time constraint that was impossible to solve: if after 9 PM and before 4 AM. I realize that program is probably testing those within the same 24 hours which of course will be false. I'd like to do away with the time constraints entirely by using something like a double tap. How do I configure that event?
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
      2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
      300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
      6 CT-100 tstats
      Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
      18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Comment

I can't answer the question about the double tap, but you could change the event to test for after 9 PM OR before 4 AM. Just remember that you need to duplicate the trigger and all other conditions in the If and the Or If. Again, a screen shot of the event would help to clarify my answer.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
        X