Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Send data from .exe to HS3 vb.net script?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send data from .exe to HS3 vb.net script?

I have compiled a vb.net script and form to manually input information to be used by a second vb.net (non-compiled) Homeseer HS3 script.

The .exe could pass the information to the HS3 script and run it or the .exe could update a virtual device with the information and then run the HS3 script, which would read the information from the virtual device.

Can one or the other or both be done?

Easy?

thanks

I'm guessing that the exe could use JSON messages to update virtual devices in HS3, then trigger an event to run the HS script. I do that from HS2, but perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I can chime in with more specific suggestions for doing it from a generic executable.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      I'm guessing that the exe could use JSON messages to update virtual devices in HS3, then trigger an event to run the HS script. I do that from HS2, but perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I can chime in with more specific suggestions for doing it from a generic executable.
      Thank you. UM. I figured JSON could do it, but I'm not sure how. Maybe you would call the .exe a 'generic executable', but I wrote it just for this HS3 purpose. In other words, if I knew how to use a vb.net form from within an HS3 script, I would just do that - I wouldn't compile it. But my lack of understanding gets in the way. It seems a 'Form1' is specified in the Class name of the vb.net script and 'Class' can't be included in an HS3 script. So I was trying to circumvent that problem by doing as I explained before.

??

Comment

Working...
      X