Speech stops working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speech stops working

Very often TTS will stop working for no apparent reason. The log shows it worked. The speaker client is up and connected. I have verified that it's not muted. Stopping and restarting HS or the speaker client restores speech functionality. But it doesn't keep working for long. Any thoughts about what is causing this?

Any ideas what might be causing this? HS3 speech is very unreliable, it may or may not work for no apparent reason. I don't remember having this problem with HS2.

Comment

First report I've heard on this issue. What OS are you running? What version of HS3 are you running? Are you running any AV software? If you are running on Windows are there any entries in the Windows event viewer.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I'm running HS Pro 3.0.0.280 on a Windows 10 Pro machine. 3.7 GHz AMD processor with 4 GB of RAM.

No entries in the Windows event viewer that seem pertinent.

I've tried muting and unmuting the audio and pausing and resuming it before every TTS but that doesn't work. The only thing that works is restarting HS or disconnecting and reconnecting to the HS speaker client.

Good thought about the AV software. I am running McAfee. I'm reluctant to run any computer on my network without AV software but I will temporarily uninstall it and see if that makes a difference. If it does, I'll figure something out.

Comment

Working...
        X