Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Has a value equal to 'any value'" is that when I use for 40%, 50%, ON etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Has a value equal to 'any value'" is that when I use for 40%, 50%, ON etc?

With the ISY I'd write programs like:

IF Kitchen Light IS NOT OFF
    Then do this action

But it seems like HS3 doesn't have "IS NOT" and just "IS". So if I wanted to write a program that turns a light on if it's on at any value (so 100% ON, 40%, etc) would I pick the "any value" or would OFF be included in any value? Just not clear on how to handle these type of events where I want IS NOT. Not at home at the moment, programming an event remotely so just curious, thanks!

Originally posted by ryuvann View Post
    With the ISY I'd write programs like:

IF Kitchen Light IS NOT OFF
    Then do this action

But it seems like HS3 doesn't have "IS NOT" and just "IS". So if I wanted to write a program that turns a light on if it's on at any value (so 100% ON, 40%, etc) would I pick the "any value" or would OFF be included in any value? Just not clear on how to handle these type of events where I want IS NOT. Not at home at the moment, programming an event remotely so just curious, thanks!
    Any Value is ANY value, including Off and On.

Use "This device had its value set and is not equal to Off"

As a trigger:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	1186695

Or as a condition:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.png
Views:	1
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	1186696
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Ah now I get it, sorry the wording on the triggers is super confusing. It says "This device has a value equal to" when using a trigger like ON, but then for not equal to it says "This device had its value set and is not equal to". So I didn't think they were related. To me that should say "This device has a value not equal to" to match the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by ryuvann View Post
        Ah now I get it, sorry the wording on the triggers is super confusing. It says "This device has a value equal to" when using a trigger like ON, but then for not equal to it says "This device had its value set and is not equal to". So I didn't think they were related. To me that should say "This device has a value not equal to" to match the first one.
        I don't disagree. It is like two different people set the verbiage. When you collapse the condition it reads correctly.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

The way it's worded it seems like the "this device had its value set" would test to see if the value is not null before doing the compare. But that's redundant because a null device value still wouldn't match the specified condition anyway.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey Sierra View Post
            The way it's worded it seems like the "this device had its value set" would test to see if the value is not null before doing the compare. But that's redundant because a null device value still wouldn't match the specified condition anyway.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
            "This device had its value set" means the device was set to that value, and is still true even if it was already at that value before it was set. It is quite useful on the new HS wall switches for example, where users might double click On, then a bit later double click On again, and you want an event to fire every time someone double clicks on.

Comment

Working...
            X