Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Aeon Micro Switch - No settings Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeon Micro Switch - No settings Available

Hi,

I have just reinstalled 4 of the Aeon Labs micro-switches to control switches in storage spaces.

However, when I go to the Z-Wave tab and choose settings, HS3 whirls for a bit, then shows a blank page. If I come back to the device later, the Z-Wave tab has gone and I need to restart HS3 to get it back.

Association to HS3 shows for group 1.

Tried removing and reinstalling the device node. Same issue.

Any suggestions to resolve this?

Steve

Current Date/Time: 04-Sep-16 4:27:33 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.297
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 50 Minutes 1 Second
    IP Address: 192.168.1.20
    Number of Devices: 160
    Number of Events: 69
    Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.103: HSTouch Server
    3.0.5.87: Insteon
    3.0.1.92: Z-Wave

Hi Steve, tried it for one of my micro switches and the settings do load for me, but take a long time (see this thread for some background info: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180566). What are you using for your zwave interface?

Cheers
    Al
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I can only get settings for any of my devices by rescanning first and then hitting settings. Try that?

Comment

Issue Resolved - Sort of....

Hi Al and jayman13,

Thanks for the leads and suggestions. Managed to get a partial settings page which allowed me to set the notifications for switch status to enabled.

Took a while and playing around.

1. Reset z-wave (disabled - enabled) (I am using Homeseer z-wave+ stick)

2. Device Association - update button

3. Rescan device

4. Click settings tab and waited quite a while - from partial page enable notification for switch status and clicked set.

As noted in the cross post regarding z-wave plugin beta 3.0.1.65, I guess that I am falling foul of a broken z-wave module (I am using 3.0.1.92) and the compatibility issues with Aeon Gen 2 devices remains unfixed.

Originally must have set the switches up with an earlier z-wave module, as I have no recollection of similar issues then.

Once again,

Thnak you for your collegial support.

Comment

Originally posted by crossedswords View Post
          Hi Al and jayman13,

Thanks for the leads and suggestions. Managed to get a partial settings page which allowed me to set the notifications for switch status to enabled.

Took a while and playing around.

1. Reset z-wave (disabled - enabled) (I am using Homeseer z-wave+ stick)

2. Device Association - update button

3. Rescan device

4. Click settings tab and waited quite a while - from partial page enable notification for switch status and clicked set.

As noted in the cross post regarding z-wave plugin beta 3.0.1.65, I guess that I am falling foul of a broken z-wave module (I am using 3.0.1.92) and the compatibility issues with Aeon Gen 2 devices remains unfixed.

Originally must have set the switches up with an earlier z-wave module, as I have no recollection of similar issues then.

Once again,

Thnak you for your collegial support.
          I was just going to start a new thread about this! I have eight Gen 1 Aeon Micro Switches - no issues whatsoever. Just bought two Gen 2 Aeon Labs Aeotec DSC18103-ZWUS Z-Wave Micro Smart Energy Switch from HomeSeer, installed fine, but I can't get to settings!!! I use these to z-wave control alarm notification lights, so I defi nitely need them not to respond to all-on or all-off commands, and I can't get to that setting. Latest beta z-wave installed (.108).

Comment

Oh, one more thing. Does anyone know how to turn off / disable / delete any and all energy monitoring features? The alarm light that is green al always on, whenever the system is disarmed. So HS3 log is littered with non-stop reports of watt usage: 0.6 watt Green Indicator light. Unnecessary traffic for HS and totally useless information for me.

Comment

Aeon Micro Switch - No settings Available

I would download the engineering spec for this from Aeotec and set all the parameters using an event, rather than the settings screen. The engineering spec will show all available parameters. You should be able to disable energy monitoring that way too. The HS3 plugin is likely timing out trying to retrieve settings that were in the gen 1, but not the gen 2.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Comment

@sparkman - how would you use an event for this? Is something that would occur everyday?

I ask because I have a gen1 micro switch and I have to set the switch to 3-way mode to be triggered from my motion sensor. I noticed after the last 2 recent upgrades the parameters are lost and I have to reset.

Also, does anyone know how to see what parameters are set in a device. I have know way to know what the current setting is unless I reset it to what I want.

Thanks,

Ryan
                Last edited by Ryan10; April 22nd, 2017, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan10 View Post
                  @sparkman - how would you use an event for this? Is something that would occur everyday?

I ask because I have a gen1 micro switch and I have to set the switch to 3-way mode to be triggered from my motion sensor. I noticed after the last 2 recent upgrades the parameters are lost and I have to reset.

Also, does anyone know how to see what parameters are set in a device. I have know way to know what the current setting is unless I reset it to what I want.

Thanks,

Ryan

You would just need to do it once, and rerun the event manually if you needed to do it again, although it should not hurt running it daily. I have a few of the gen1's as well and have never needed to redo the parameters for mine. For the event, it's under z-wave actions in the action drop down when building an event. You can retrieve the current value of the parameter by leaving the value field blank when setting a parameter manually under the z-wave tab of the root device.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X