Easy way to get event ID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy way to get event ID?

I want to use JSON to run events by the ID number. Is there an easy way to get an event's ID number?

Its just the event name ...

Originally posted by jogentry View Post
    I want to use JSON to run events by the ID number. Is there an easy way to get an event's ID number?
    Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
    Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 3.0.0.531 on windows 7 ultimate X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

You can also use this: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=163299
      Jon

Comment

Jon00EventList plugin

I have tried the plugin to list events, with the purpose of being able to read the event ids.
        But the plugin just gives me a blank page.

Homeseer 3.0.0.297 on Debian v8
        complete mono v1.6 installed

Is it supposed to work in that configuration?

Comment

mono v4.6 that is, no 1.6

Comment

When you say blank, do you get anything displayed i.e the Homeseer logo bar, links etc? ASPX pages don't work on a Pi BTW.
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
              When you say blank, do you get anything displayed i.e the Homeseer logo bar, links etc? ASPX pages don't work on a Pi BTW.
              Blank, like in blank. No bars, nothing.
              It does blnk out what ever I may have had in the browser window, so I do hit something in the HTTP server, no error messages in the browser.

Comment

I'm not sure I can assist. It does work on Ubuntu but obviously I cannot test on all flavors of Linux.
                Jon

Comment

I forgot to ask if you can display test.aspx which comes with HS3. If that does not display then there is an issue with serving ASPX pages on your Linux installation.
                  Jon

Comment

Jon00:

Thanks for the function, providing something that should be standard in HS3. On my Linux server I had to rename the VB script file from 'Jon00EventlistASPX.vben' to 'Jon00EventListASPX.vben'; otherwise the browser screen was completely blank.

Is 'Download CSV' supposed to work? In both Jon00EventList and Jon00DeviceList, all I get is a .csv file containing just the header row. It doesn't seem to matter if the event list is filtered or not. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Regards,
                    BBB

Comment

How about just
                      http://<ip of homeseer>/JSON?request=getevents

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBuzz View Post
                        Jon00:

Thanks for the function, providing something that should be standard in HS3. On my Linux server I had to rename the VB script file from 'Jon00EventlistASPX.vben' to 'Jon00EventListASPX.vben'; otherwise the browser screen was completely blank.

Is 'Download CSV' supposed to work? In both Jon00EventList and Jon00DeviceList, all I get is a .csv file containing just the header row. It doesn't seem to matter if the event list is filtered or not. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Regards,
                        BBB
                        It looks like a bug when used with Linux. I'll correct it tomorrow.
                        Jon

Comment

I think you're looking for an event's ref id. If so you can get it by creating an event.

set it to run manually

run a script or script command

check the box for 'execute immediate script command'

the command to run is:

hs.WriteLog("Event Ref ID:", hs.GetEventRefByName("your event's name"))

run the event and then check your log.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBuzz View Post
                            Jon00:

Regards,
                            BBB
                            Both have now been updated and CSV downloads should now work on Linux builds.
                            Jon

Comment

Jon:

They do both work now! Thanks for the quick fix!

Regards,
                              Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X