Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade changed images

I just upgraded HS3 Pro from 3..0.96 to the latest, 3.0.0.298

I had light bulbs for on/off status images on the Device views in the web browser and on HSToouch screens by using the device's status tracking. Now I have little power button images.

Is there an easy way to globally change these back?

After over 25 years of IT experience I can say that this is the sort of thing that frustrates people faster then you can imagine. This is not a simple interface change like going to the Ribbon in Windows programs. This changes end users "custom" interfaces. (sorry, ran over and much more deleted...)

All this because I had to set up a MyHomeSeer account so I could get past the login screen on my daughter's iPhone.
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Go to setup/custom tab. Change the top drop down from contemporary to classic.
    Jon

Comment

That did it. Thank you. Is it not set to keep the original by default?
      Karl S
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      1070 Devices
      56 Z-Wave Nodes
      104 Events

Comment

I suspect HST want users to use the contemporary settings to modernize the interface. Light bulbs are really only suitable for lights and the new design allows consistency with a solid colored circle and single colored icon.
        Jon

Comment

Everything I have for on/off which used the bulb are lights (light switches actually) or I set it to use custom image. The WAF went way down when there was not a light bulb showing the status of a light switch. The Contemporary images had no meaning to her. Even though I gave her the two items she requested: live camera views of the front door and driveway and access on our daughter phone, her acceptance went down instead of up. Fortunately it is now higher than yesterday.

Change management is a bear...
          Karl S
          HS4Pro on Windows 10
          1070 Devices
          56 Z-Wave Nodes
          104 Events

Comment

Working...
          X