Retrying a trial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retrying a trial?

There are so many plugins for HS3, some of which require specific hardware or just time to set things up to play with them. I wish there was a way you could say have a 1 week trial, but once it's up you can't retry it for another 3 months or something... That way you don't have people abusing the trial system by getting one month and then just retrying it 2 months later or something. Reason being is that I have installed plugins as trials to see if it'd be something I would want to use, and then not implement...but the further along I have come in my HS3 setup I realize a need for a plugin or two that I trialed months (possibly a year or so ago). I/We have no choice to buy it, without setting it up for our existing system.

I have bought a few plugins after playing with them enough, but some I just don't feel there is enough value for my existing system, but in the future they would be... Is there any way to make the trail system a bit more flexible, other than needing to send a request email to allow the trial again? I am interested in two plugins that I compared months ago, but I'd like to retry them and choose the one that would suit my setup best. I sent two emails to HS on Friday (before I bought another unrelated plugin) and wish I had a way to test and old plugin that I trialed... Just bite the bullet and buy it (I just did)?

I feel sure HST would extend a trial for you. Email sales @homeseer.com and explain it to them.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

They've extended or reissued trial licenses for me many times. Like Rob said, just email them and usually it is done within a few hours, including on weekends. I think I've typically used support at homeseer.com though.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Ya I didn't hear anything back on Friday and I tried calling...but lucky me I called too late. At least purchasing a plugin gives you the key emailed to you right away, so at least I could get playing with it for a few hours today. Playing with Tasker with NFC tags. Pretty cool!

Comment

Working...
        X