HS3 upgrade questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 upgrade questions

I am currently running the latest HS2 release, and have been a customer since HS1. I use the ZTroller to connect to my existing 30 devices.

I am considering upgrading to HS3, and at the same time want to improve my system in terms of Z-wave coverage everywhere on our property.
    My 'shopping list' includes:

HS3 upgrade from HS2
    HS3Touch
    Z-Net - Here I am considering one or two Z-Net devices to extend my Z-Wave network. My
    Home network is wired extensively, and I want to place the Z-Net devices at places
    in my network where I am not getting a good Z-wave signal.

My questions have primarily with how to extend the Z-wave coverage in my installation.
    Will the Z-nets coexist with my existing ZTroller?
    Would I be able to configure an installation with my existing ZTroller and up to two Z-Net's?

Also trying to get this done so I can order while the Black November sale is going on.

Thanks for any help or advice.
    Mike

I recently did the same HS2 to HS3 upgrade that you are planning.

I do not think the Ztroller and Znet can be on the same Zwave network.. but I am not sure. Perhaps someone else can confirm.

I do think that you can have multiple znets on the system, (I only have one)

I purchased a Znet and replaced my existing Ztroller shortly after upgrade and noticed:
    • The overall znet experience was significantly better than the Ztroller experience. (less "Lag")
    • The coverage area for the Znet seems to be larger than the Ztroller..
    i.e. I located the znet in the basement.. where the previous Ztroller was, and more devices seem to be direct connected to Node 1 than when I was using the Ztroller
    Hope this helps a bit on your questions.
    Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

I'd like to piggyback off of this thread since it is very relevant to the situation I am in. I am also in the process of migrating to HS3. I tried the upgrade steps outlined in the main thread https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=163318, but the results were like most that I have read on here (less than stellar). So I am now faced with starting from scratch and running HS2 as my PROD automation on the same box (one at time) while I slowly resetup HS3 from scratch. On my HS2 setup I use the Wayne Dalton WDUSB-10, but I have also purchased the ZNET that I want to replace the WD with. My question is: Can I setup the ZNET and then setup HS3 to use the ZNET only while still maintaining the WD on HS2 (ZNET is not supported on HS2 AFAIK). I would of course unplug the ZNET whenever I switch back on HS2. Not sure what the best options are for me. I just don't want to setup all my ZWAVE devices on the WD (PITA) only to find out I could have setup the ZNET right from the beginning.

Thanks,

Paul

Comment

Working...
      X