Getting rid of graphics in Status Column

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting rid of graphics in Status Column

I've created a about 23 virtual devices to store readings(all strings) from my carrier hvac system. In HS2 the readings all show up in the status column on the device page - all neat and tidy. In HS3 I've got a persistent off button and a small grey colored graphic with a message "device image not selected" How do I get rid of the the off button and the device image not selected message? Do I have to force it to be blank by putting in a spacer.gif?

You can get rid of the graphic by going to Setup/Custom tab and unticking 'Show Device Image Column on Device Management Page'

When you create a device, you need to tick the status only checkbox to prevent the buttons being created (or do it afterwards)
    Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon...
      I set the devices to Status only and deleted everything on the Status Graphics tab and unchecked the Show Device Image Column on the Custom Setup page and still have the grey colored round power button graphic on the left hand side. Is there a way to get rid of that?

Comment

The device string expects an image tag, otherwise it adds the default icon. As you say, use a transparent png/gif file.
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          The device string expects an image tag, otherwise it adds the default icon. As you say, use a transparent png/gif file.
          I use a 1x1 pixel transparent image "spacer.gif" attached below as a .zip file
          Attached Files
          Randy Prade
          Aurora, CO
          Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

OK, I'll go with that. Thanks!

Seems like HST should add an option on the custom page to solve this issue.

Comment

Is it possible to replace this status image that appears on the device page in a script instead of having to change it on the Status Graphics page for each device? I can't find anything in the help file that lets me change the status graphic to the spacer.gif image.

Comment

I'm weak at scripting but it should be something like below (replace 123 with your device ref ID). The Image property in the Device Class should be what you want.

Dim objDev As Object

objDev = hs.GetDevicebyRef(123)
                If objDev Is Nothing Then
                hs.WriteLog("DevInfo","Invalid device ref")
                Else
                objDev.Image(Nothing) = "path to your image"
                End If

Comment

Working...
                X