$9.99 - Aeon Labs DSB09104-ZWUS Z-Wave Home Energy Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$9.99 - Aeon Labs DSB09104-ZWUS Z-Wave Home Energy Monitor

Just ran up on this. Might be a good deal. Might be a piece of trash. I know nothing about this specific product or the supplier. Just passing along a potentially good deal. On amazon it is $59.99 and this site has it for $9.99

http://www.zwaveproducts.com/shop/bl...t-energy-meter

I use 4 of them and they've been working well for me. Amazon used to have them for around $20, so this is a great deal.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Here we are using one to monitor when the electric clothes dryer is running, an event tells us when the clothes are done.
      Great WAF approval.
      Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
      | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
      Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
      BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Yep. I have one on it dryer too and they family loves it!

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

How do use it on a dryer? Are you only using one of the clamps?

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
            Yes, you can only use one clamp. I have mine installed at the electrical panel. That way you can use the other clamp for another appliance/circuit.

Cheers
            Al

Comment

My dryer is 240v so it takes both clamps.
              Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
              | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
              Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
              BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

I use both clamps - 240V

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman
                  Typically an electric dryer in North American dryer will have a single neutral in addition to the two hot legs and the ground. The return current is all carried on the single neutral, so one clamp on the neutral is really all that's needed.

Cheers
                  Al
                  Perhaps there are some dryers like this, but all the ones I've seen have 240V heating elements so none of this current flows on the neutral. Only the 120V components (controls, motor, etc) typically. Same with electric ranges, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by AllanMar View Post
                    Perhaps there are some dryers like this, but all the ones I've seen have 240V heating elements so none of this current flows on the neutral. Only the 120V components (controls, motor, etc) typically. Same with electric ranges, etc.
                    Good point. There are none like that. Will go have my coffee now :-)

Having said that, to setup notification when a dryer is done, you only need to know when the motor is running, not when the elements are on. Therefore a single clamp (either on the neutral or the hot leg that carries the current for the motor) would still suffice. If you want to measure power consumption, you would need both.

Cheers
                    Al

Comment

In for one. I'll try it out on my panelboard incoming main. I was planning on picking up a Rainforest Eagle Monitor to talk to my smart meter, but at $10, I can't pass this up.

Comment

I run this on only one leg of the 240 for my dryer (just one clamp). I don't care about monitoring the energy accurately, just that something is happening. The leg I monitor goes to 0 when not used and at least over 100 watts when running. So I build my events based off that. It has been very reliable. I did it at the dryer personally, but I like the idea of doing it at the panel and using the other clamp to monitor something else... like the washer

Comment

If I monitor at the washer/dryer which are both 110v, I could use one clamp for the washer, the other for the dryer to just get the on/off status?

Comment

If I monitor at the washer/dryer which are both 110v, I could use one clamp for the washer, the other for the dryer to just get the on/off status?
                            Yes - that should work. Both legs are reported separately.

Comment

Yes, but it may be easier at the panel as you would need to split the conductors of the power cables for the washer and dryer, or install the clamps inside them. The clamp can't be placed around the whole cable as the current in the neutral flows in the opposite direction of the current in the hot so they cancel each other out when measured with a clamp-on current tester.

Cheers
                              Al

Comment

Working...
                              X