Questions about Blue Iris and Insteon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about Blue Iris and Insteon

I am just about ready to pull the trigger and commit to HomeSeer but I have a couple of questions that are important to that decision.

I currently run Blue Iris for security and love it. I'm an old Webcam7 user and BI is much better. I read about the Blue iris plugin for HS3. Clearly it will allow HS3 to trigger the BI cameras which is good. I also want to trigger HS3 when Blue Iris sees motions. I didn't see a way to do that. Is it possible?

Second, I have a 2412S Insteon controller. I don't want to have any logic running on it since I can control everything via HS3. Will the 2412S plug into my Win10 machine where I will be running HS3 and allow me access to all the insteon devices. I also have a pair of 2443P bridges to jump phases.

Lastly, to add z-wave devices, do I only need a HomeSeer SmartStick+ to be able to talk to z-wave devices? I assume I would plug it into my HS3 server and would then have access to all my z-wave devices. It is really that easy?

I hope these are easy answers. I certainly will appreciate any answers.

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
    I am just about ready to pull the trigger and commit to HomeSeer but I have a couple of questions that are important to that decision.

I currently run Blue Iris for security and love it. I'm an old Webcam7 user and BI is much better. I read about the Blue iris plugin for HS3. Clearly it will allow HS3 to trigger the BI cameras which is good. I also want to trigger HS3 when Blue Iris sees motions. I didn't see a way to do that. Is it possible?

Yes

Second, I have a 2412S Insteon controller. I don't want to have any logic running on it since I can control everything via HS3. Will the 2412S plug into my Win10 machine where I will be running HS3 and allow me access to all the insteon devices. I also have a pair of 2443P bridges to jump phases.

Lastly, to add z-wave devices, do I only need a HomeSeer SmartStick+ to be able to talk to z-wave devices? I assume I would plug it into my HS3 server and would then have access to all my z-wave devices. It is really that easy?

You need a z-wave controller. I use a UZB stick; https://www.z-wave.me/index.php?id=28

I hope these are easy answers. I certainly will appreciate any answers.
    I'll leave the Insteon question for someone else.

Comment

I personally use the ISY but you can post your questions to MNSandlers Insteon forum. Mark wrote a good plugin for Insteon. If I didn't have the ISY, then I would use his plugin.
      HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

+1 for Mark Sandler's Insteon plug-in for your Insteon network. You won't be disappointed.

Comment

Thanks for giving me a heads up about the plugin forums. I didn't realize they were there. I've visited them and they should be a great help.

Comment

Working...
          X