HS3 Event Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HS3 Event Advice

I've been trying to move a script I wrote for HS2 to HS3 and I'm having trouble getting it to function the way I want. It occurred to me that perhaps HS3 has better way to do what I want to do without needing the script, or by using a slightly different script.

Basically what I want to do is turn on an X10 light fixture at a specific DIM level at a given time of day. I then want to make the light progressively brighter every few minutes or so until after about 30-40 minutes the light is full on. In HS2 I was using X10 'extended' commands to set a brightness level and then add to the brightness. The code I'm using in my new script (which isn't working properly) looks like this:

Code:
    		X10plugin.PluginFunction("ExecX10", {"C3", "extended", 1, 49, true})
    		hs.WaitSecs(300)
    		X10plugin.PluginFunction("ExecX10", {"C3", "extended", 3, 49, true})
    		hs.WaitSecs(300)
    		X10plugin.PluginFunction("ExecX10", {"C3", "extended", 6, 49, true})
    The code executes, but it effectively just turns the light on at maximum brightness and when I view the device in the status panel, the panel still thinks the light is off.

Anyway, if anyone has suggestions on a better way to do this sort of thing in HS3, I would be happy to hear it.

Thanks!

Jim

Originally posted by jhowe View Post
    I've been trying to move a script I wrote for HS2 to HS3 and I'm having trouble getting it to function the way I want. It occurred to me that perhaps HS3 has better way to do what I want to do without needing the script, or by using a slightly different script.

Basically what I want to do is turn on an X10 light fixture at a specific DIM level at a given time of day. I then want to make the light progressively brighter every few minutes or so until after about 30-40 minutes the light is full on. In HS2 I was using X10 'extended' commands to set a brightness level and then add to the brightness. The code I'm using in my new script (which isn't working properly) looks like this:

Code:
    		X10plugin.PluginFunction("ExecX10", {"C3", "extended", 1, 49, true})
    		hs.WaitSecs(300)
    		X10plugin.PluginFunction("ExecX10", {"C3", "extended", 3, 49, true})
    		hs.WaitSecs(300)
    		X10plugin.PluginFunction("ExecX10", {"C3", "extended", 6, 49, true})
    The code executes, but it effectively just turns the light on at maximum brightness and when I view the device in the status panel, the panel still thinks the light is off.

Anyway, if anyone has suggestions on a better way to do this sort of thing in HS3, I would be happy to hear it.

Thanks!

Jim
    Spud's Easy Trigger works well for this. There is an action to set a device to another device +- a value. You can set a device to itself +- a value. Another useful action is to set a device to an expression. I use that to set dimmable devices to a fraction or multiple of another device. Such as wanting to have a dimmer track at half the value of another or at 20% higher than another.

There are dozens of useful Triggers, Conditions and Actions provided with the plug-in.
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Originally posted by jhowe View Post

Basically what I want to do is turn on an X10 light fixture at a specific DIM level at a given time of day. I then want to make the light progressively brighter every few minutes or so until after about 30-40 minutes the light is full on. In HS2 I was using X10 'extended' commands to set a brightness level and then add to the brightness.
      Jim,
      Have you seen this thread?
      http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=178701

Have you created X10 devices for these lights or are you just trying to send the X10 command?
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Working...
      X