Cooper Multi Button Keypads Don't Trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooper Multi Button Keypads Don't Trigger

I replaced an old Lutron system with Cooper multi button keypads; I chose to simply use the keypad buttons to trigger HS events, not scenes. The keypads, however, will not consistently log button presses and, hence, trigger events. The keypads seem to be properly included and show all the buttons as child devices. They have good neighbor connections; they scan and optimize fine; and the connectivity test sends and receives a frame. There seems to be a sort of mystic sequence to setting up the buttons (settings/add HS/save and test) that I think I did correctly. However, I have keypads that a button press doesn't even get a log entry. Any ideas what I've done wrong?
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    6 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

I can't remember how i did it, but it was a lot more complicated than that. A great explanation was written a couple years ago. Perfect step by step. If you google the site for it, all should work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff View Post
      I replaced an old Lutron system with Cooper multi button keypads; I chose to simply use the keypad buttons to trigger HS events, not scenes. The keypads, however, will not consistently log button presses and, hence, trigger events. The keypads seem to be properly included and show all the buttons as child devices. They have good neighbor connections; they scan and optimize fine; and the connectivity test sends and receives a frame. There seems to be a sort of mystic sequence to setting up the buttons (settings/add HS/save and test) that I think I did correctly. However, I have keypads that a button press doesn't even get a log entry. Any ideas what I've done wrong?
      Make sure you have "Include HomeSeer" checked in the scene definition -- that's how HomeSeer seems to know about the scene being activated. I've got two of them in my house and they all work flawlessly (in fact, they work so well, as compared to my older Vera system, that I didn't even realize it was *possible* to have the system know when scenes activate!)

I have a few scenes on both that are mutually exclusive, so I use events triggered by scenes starting to turn off the other ones, and its never missed one.

Comment

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=137830

Comment

Working...
        X