Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't restore a network to Z-NET

Hi,
    I've two z-wave networks in my system both with z-wave.me UZB sticks as controllers.
    Now I want to change the controller of one of these networks to a Z-NET .
    I've done all steps described in the Z_NET Installation giude .
    I've backed up my UZB network before.
    I added the Z_NET and enabled it. The log showed that it is working OK.
    Now I wanted to testore the (backed up from UZB stick) to my Z-NET.
    But there is only Backup this interface and Make this interface an inclusion controller and not "Restore a network to this Interface" .
    The Z-NET adds another network to HS.
    What's going wrong ?

Fischi

If I remember correctly you can't restore a network backup file from a Z-Stick back to the Z-Net card. I suspect you have the same issue with the UZB. This was covered in another thread but it was several months ago and I can't locate it.

I used to run my network from a Z-Stick but I ended up distributing it among several Z-Nets instead. The lack of a restore function was one of the reasons the Z-Stick now sits in a drawer.

Comment

The lack of a restore function was one of the reasons the Z-Stick now sits in a drawer
      It's a pity and annoying.

I thougt there would be another solution for this .
      Does anyone have such a solution ?

Best regards,
      Fischi

Comment

Under actions, I have 'Restore a network to this interface' - do you not have this option?

Click image for larger version

Name:	zwave.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	1188048

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
          Under actions, I have 'Restore a network to this interface' - do you not have this option?
          I have this option for my UZB z-wave sticks but it isn't shown for the
          Z_NET (only Backup and Inclusion...)

Fischi

Comment

Originally posted by Fischi View Post
            I have this option for my UZB z-wave sticks but it isn't shown for the
            Z_NET (only Backup and Inclusion...)

Fischi
            Is your Z-Net your primary controller or a secondary controller? I think restore is only available for Primary.

I definitely did an import to a Z-Net when I upgraded my own Z-Wave network from an Aeon stick to Z-Net.
            Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
              Is your Z-Net your primary controller or a secondary controller? I think restore is only available for Primary.
              It's a primary controller, I only want to replace my UZB stick wizh Z_NET .
              I had two independent z-wave networks , the first network stays
              with a UZB stick the second also with UZB stick that I want to have with Z-NET as controller for a better range .
              After doing the steps described in the Z_NET user manual after enabling and deleting the UZB I added the Z-NET successfully and a new network
              was built. Now I can see three networks (the staying , the new Z_NET network
              and the network (red) from my enabled and deleted UZB but the
              "restore from another network" is emty for the Z_NET.

Fischi

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                Fischi, what is your plugin version ?
                After upgrading Zwave plugin, this option as disappears. I had to upgrade the UZB stick firmware to recover it. But I got others issues due to plugin bugs.
                I came back to a previous Zwave plugin to solve the bugs but can't use the upgraded UZB stick anymore and can't find how to downgrade the firmware.
                Fortunately I had a second UZB stick !

Comment

Originally posted by eole View Post
                  Fischi, what is your plugin version ?
                  Hi eole, I've running the beta version 3.0.1.94 .
                  Which version do you have ?

Fischi

Comment

I'm running v3.0.1.25.
                    I got the problem while trying to upgrade to 3.0.1.83.
                    I'm now quite hesitant to change version because each new version brings new problems...
                    I could have new features by upgrading but I'm afraid of losing so much.

Comment

Originally posted by eole View Post
                      I'm running v3.0.1.25.
                      I got the problem while trying to upgrade to 3.0.1.83.
                      I'm now quite hesitant to change version because each new version brings new problems...
                      I could have new features by upgrading but I'm afraid of losing so much.
                      Hi eole, this is a very old version !
                      I'm also often afraid to upgrade anything in HS (don't never touch a running
                      system ;-) but if all issues are gone I'm very happy with it !

Fischi

Comment

Fischi,

Is your Z-Net the type with an internal daughter board or does it have the UZB1 plugged into one of the USB ports?

I have both a UZB1 (with 5.4 firmware) and a V1 Z-Net (with internal Z-Wave board) here and the restore option appears for both controllers on HS3 .300 and Z-Wave PI .94.

Paul..

Comment

Working...
                        X