Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 PRO : Check email

Hi All,

is there a way to modify the value of checking email ? The lowest we can put is 1 minute... It's to long for me, i need to check in real time in seconde. When i put 0 (illimited), doesn't work !!!

Thank you for your help

Inter-Rupteur

Why do you need this to be so fast and often? Are you sending HS3 commands via email?

I used to use my email set at 2 or three minutes which was fine for most commands when there is time to wait for a response, but now I can have almost instant response using Pushbullet which is a 2way notification service and plugin.

Comment

Hi Kitar,

thank you for your response. I need this because i have a mailbox who receive email each 15 sec from devices. I need to check when each email arrive in the mailbox. So waiting 1 min, 4 emails are in the mailbox... So if i want to check each email at the same time, i need to decrease the time of HS for checking in secondes, for example each 16 or 17 sec...

Inter-Rupteur

Comment

a solution please ?

Comment

Originally posted by inter-rupteur View Post
          a solution please ?
          If you run HS on Windows, then perhaps Jon00's email utility might do what you need (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=123313). If not, you would likely need to write something yourself. If you'd like HS to change how it works, then you could submit an enhancement request through Bugzilla (http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzilla). I'm guessing that it won't be high on their priority list and it won't be addressed soon, if ever, but you never know without submitting.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Yeah... I'm not sure if using e-mail at this rate is the best idea anyway. Perhaps you should configure your application to use a drop folder or something simular.
            I don't think HS supports IMAP - but this would likely be a better solution if you must use something like this since IMAP along with IMAP Idle would work better...not requiring the mailbox to be polled.

Robert
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Options for very fast response Email

I mentioned Pushbullet in a previous post, but did not mention that email is integrated into the app. PB can send and receive email. I tried this only once but it did work.

A push service would be mush faster than polling an email server.

Also worth a look at Toast or Prowl. All of the push notification apps I have used like Notify My Android,Pushover and Pushbullet allow sending email to "user_API_key@pushservice.xxx.

An other option to consider is an FTP instead of email.

Comment

Originally posted by inter-rupteur View Post
                Hi Kitar,

thank you for your response. I need this because i have a mailbox who receive email each 15 sec from devices. I need to check when each email arrive in the mailbox. So waiting 1 min, 4 emails are in the mailbox... So if i want to check each email at the same time, i need to decrease the time of HS for checking in secondes, for example each 16 or 17 sec...

Inter-Rupteur

Can you elaborate on "Devices" are they all on the local area network ?

Comment

Working...
                X