• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitar
    replied
    Originally posted by inter-rupteur View Post
    Hi Kitar,

thank you for your response. I need this because i have a mailbox who receive email each 15 sec from devices. I need to check when each email arrive in the mailbox. So waiting 1 min, 4 emails are in the mailbox... So if i want to check each email at the same time, i need to decrease the time of HS for checking in secondes, for example each 16 or 17 sec...

Inter-Rupteur

Can you elaborate on "Devices" are they all on the local area network ?

Leave a comment:

• Kitar
    replied
    Options for very fast response Email

I mentioned Pushbullet in a previous post, but did not mention that email is integrated into the app. PB can send and receive email. I tried this only once but it did work.

A push service would be mush faster than polling an email server.

Also worth a look at Toast or Prowl. All of the push notification apps I have used like Notify My Android,Pushover and Pushbullet allow sending email to "user_API_key@pushservice.xxx.

An other option to consider is an FTP instead of email.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Yeah... I'm not sure if using e-mail at this rate is the best idea anyway. Perhaps you should configure your application to use a drop folder or something simular.
    I don't think HS supports IMAP - but this would likely be a better solution if you must use something like this since IMAP along with IMAP Idle would work better...not requiring the mailbox to be polled.

Robert

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Originally posted by inter-rupteur View Post
    a solution please ?
    If you run HS on Windows, then perhaps Jon00's email utility might do what you need (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=123313). If not, you would likely need to write something yourself. If you'd like HS to change how it works, then you could submit an enhancement request through Bugzilla (http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzilla). I'm guessing that it won't be high on their priority list and it won't be addressed soon, if ever, but you never know without submitting.

Cheers
    Al

Leave a comment:

• inter-rupteur
    replied
    a solution please ?

Leave a comment:

• inter-rupteur
    replied
    Hi Kitar,

thank you for your response. I need this because i have a mailbox who receive email each 15 sec from devices. I need to check when each email arrive in the mailbox. So waiting 1 min, 4 emails are in the mailbox... So if i want to check each email at the same time, i need to decrease the time of HS for checking in secondes, for example each 16 or 17 sec...

Inter-Rupteur

Leave a comment:

• Kitar
    replied
    Why do you need this to be so fast and often? Are you sending HS3 commands via email?

I used to use my email set at 2 or three minutes which was fine for most commands when there is time to wait for a response, but now I can have almost instant response using Pushbullet which is a 2way notification service and plugin.

Leave a comment:

• inter-rupteur
    started a topic HS3 PRO : Check email

HS3 PRO : Check email

Hi All,

is there a way to modify the value of checking email ? The lowest we can put is 1 minute... It's to long for me, i need to check in real time in seconde. When i put 0 (illimited), doesn't work !!!

Thank you for your help

Inter-Rupteur
Working...
X