Device status not reflecting in HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device status not reflecting in HS3

HS3 has suddenly stopped detecting status change for almost all of my devices. The changes I've done since I last know it worked were adding an Aeon Energy Meter and a load of work on HS3 Touch Designer.

If I control a device through HS3 it works fine and status changes whereas if I control a device directly (such as light switch) it is not reflecting in HS3.

I added a new (never added before) device to see if that worked but it behaves the same.

HS3 seems to know something has happened as I get the following in the log whenever I control a device directly, but no status change.

ApplicationCommandHandler from node 24 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL_V2 Frame(7)=10

I'm really stumped so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Originally posted by budejake View Post
    HS3 has suddenly stopped detecting status change for almost all of my devices. The changes I've done since I last know it worked were adding an Aeon Energy Meter and a load of work on HS3 Touch Designer.

If I control a device through HS3 it works fine and status changes whereas if I control a device directly (such as light switch) it is not reflecting in HS3.

I added a new (never added before) device to see if that worked but it behaves the same.

HS3 seems to know something has happened as I get the following in the log whenever I control a device directly, but no status change.

ApplicationCommandHandler from node 24 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL_V2 Frame(7)=10

I'm really stumped so any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Have you restarted HS? I remember seeing a previous post similar to yours, where a restart fixed it. Is this only affecting z-wave devices, or other devices too? Also, what version of HS3 are you on and what version of the z-wave plugin?

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      Have you restarted HS? I remember seeing a previous post similar to yours, where a restart fixed it. Is this only affecting z-wave devices, or other devices too? Also, what version of HS3 are you on and what version of the z-wave plugin?

Cheers
      Al
      thanks for your reply.

Yep, restarted HS3 which made no difference then restarted whole machine (windows server) and again no difference. I only have z-wave devices so can't say for anything else.

I'm on:
      HS3 HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.297
      z-Wave: 3.0.1.87

Comment

Originally posted by budejake View Post
        thanks for your reply.

Yep, restarted HS3 which made no difference then restarted whole machine (windows server) and again no difference. I only have z-wave devices so can't say for anything else.

I'm on:
        HS3 HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.297
        z-Wave: 3.0.1.87
        You may want to try the latest (beta) versions of HS (.300) and the plugin (.96). I'm running both of them for a while now and have no issues with them. I would recommend shutting down HS, making a backup of the full HS directory and all subdirectories so that it would be easy to restore your current versions if needed.

Cheers
        Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          You may want to try the latest (beta) versions of HS (.300) and the plugin (.96). I'm running both of them for a while now and have no issues with them. I would recommend shutting down HS, making a backup of the full HS directory and all subdirectories so that it would be easy to restore your current versions if needed.

Cheers
          Al
          ta, will try..unfortunately the download section on website seems to be down right now

Comment

Updated both, sadly no difference

Comment

I've now done a completer removal of HS3 and reinstall on machine along with new config and factory reset z-wave stick....and no difference at all.

The devices that were sending updates still do (1 dimmer switch, motion sensor and Aeon energy meter) and nothing else does.

I'm utterly stumped!

Comment

The only other thing I can think of, is to shut down HS and rename z-wave2.db in the data/z-wave folder and restart. Take another backup prior to doing tbis.

Cheers
                Al

Comment

Working...
                X