New Install problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Install problem

I just installed HS3 Pro on a new Windows 10 PC and the install went smoothly until It tried to open the web page. The error is HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found and the detail says This error means that the file or directory does not exist on the server. Create the file or directory and try the request again.

I uninstalled and reinstalled but with the same result.

Did you by chance change the default port? In the file HomeSeer HS3\Config\settings.ini there is an entry "gWebSvrPort". Is it still set to 80?
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by SteveD View Post
      I just installed HS3 Pro on a new Windows 10 PC and the install went smoothly until It tried to open the web page. The error is HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found and the detail says This error means that the file or directory does not exist on the server. Create the file or directory and try the request again.

I uninstalled and reinstalled but with the same result.
      Check the Startup.log file created in the Logs directory. It will likely give a hint as to what is going on. My guess is that the default Microsoft web server is running on port 80, so HS is either picking a different port, or failing to start its web server due to the conflict.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I did not change it but it is not there, her is what I have
        [Settings]
        gLastShutdownOK=False
        gFirstTimeRun=False
        gConfigFilename=HomeSeerData.hsd
        gLocLabel=Room
        gLocLabel2=Floor
        bUseLocation2=True
        bLocationFirst=False
        gLongitude=71.03
        gLatitude=42.22
        SADProc=True
        RateUpdated=True

Comment

That was it, I changed the port in the settings.ini and the we page is opening. Very odd though that something is using 80 because it is clean install of Windows 10 with HS3 the only thing installed.
          Thanks for getting me going!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveD View Post
            That was it, I changed the port in the settings.ini and the we page is opening. Very odd though that something is using 80 because it is clean install of Windows 10 with HS3 the only thing installed.
            Thanks for getting me going!
            http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=176024
            HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
            X