Yale Door Lock - Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yale Door Lock - Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME

I have spent a lot of time without success in adding a Yale Deadbolt Lock to my HS3 system. This lock used to be on the network but I recently reset and rebuilt the whole Z-Wave network and now the lock will not add to the network. I have even factory reset the lock, removed it from the network, etc. all prior to attempting to add it to the network.

I am using a HomeSeer HomeTroller SEL along with a SmartStick+. I have brought the HomeTroller SEL with the Smartstick+ to within inches of the lock. I have even tried it a bit further away. No matter what I get the same Security error.

It seems that the lock just times out and does not fully connect. I do get one device only, though:

Node 84 Z-Wave Assa Abloy Entry Control

I've included the logs below. Also, I have disabled EVERY other plug-in. The only plug-in that is running is the one for Z-Wave. I even replaced the batteries with brand new fresh ones - just in case.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should be attempting?

Z-Wave Controllers page:
    Add Node started...
    Activate the 'Add to Network' function on the device...
    A new node is being added...
    Adding a new SLAVE NODE...
    DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.
    Done. Node 84 Added.
    Reloading (importing) node information...
    Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
    Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
    Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 84, ID: 297=129H (Assa Abloy), Type: 2=2H, ID: 0=0H
    Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 84
    Warning: Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME or verify the key from node 84. Device may not be added properly to HomeSeer.
    Warning: The security device may have a timeout when adding to the network, bring the device close to HomeSeer and use the Add Node button to add it (remove it first)
    Warning: If this device was previously added to the network, the device may need to be removed from the network and re-added.
    Warning: In case the device was previously added successfully, an attempt will be made to continue the import.

Getting SECURITY class information for node 84
    Error: Security class information is NOT present - cannot continue loading node 84
    Enabling Lock status for Assa Abloy (Yale) device Node 84 Z-Wave Assa Abloy Entry Control (84)
    Finished.

Log File:
    Dec-18 2:04:31 AM Z-Wave Enabling Lock status for Assa Abloy (Yale) device Node 84 Z-Wave Assa Abloy Entry Control (84)
    Dec-18 2:04:31 AM Z-Wave Error Security class information is NOT present - cannot continue loading node 84
    Dec-18 2:04:23 AM Z-Wave Getting SECURITY class information for node 84
    Dec-18 2:04:23 AM Z-Wave Warning In case the device was previously added successfully, an attempt will be made to continue the import.
    Dec-18 2:04:23 AM Z-Wave Warning If this device was previously added to the network, the device may need to be removed from the network and re-added.
    Dec-18 2:04:23 AM Z-Wave Warning The security device may have a timeout when adding to the network, bring the device close to HomeSeer and use the Add Node button to add it (remove it first)
    Dec-18 2:04:23 AM Z-Wave Warning Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME or verify the key from node 84. Device may not be added properly to HomeSeer.
    Dec-18 2:04:13 AM Z-Wave Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 84
    Dec-18 2:04:13 AM Z-Wave Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 84, ID: 297=129H (Assa Abloy), Type: 2=2H, ID: 0=0H
    Dec-18 2:04:12 AM Z-Wave Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
    Dec-18 2:04:12 AM Z-Wave SmartStick: Controller firmware version: 4.32
    Dec-18 2:04:10 AM Z-Wave Done. Node 84 Added.

System Profile:
    Current Date/Time: 12/18/2016 2:14:36 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.297
    Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 13 Minutes 0 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.21
    Number of Devices: 330
    Number of Events: 74
    Available Threads: 199

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.1.96: Z-Wave
    Last edited by TimSRQ; December 18, 2016, 02:18 AM. Reason: updated title

I notice you are running 3.0.1.96 on the Z-Wave plug-in, which is the bleeding edge beta. I would consider moving back to the production 3.0.1.87 plug-in unless there is some specific reason to be running 96. My own brief experience with 96 was not good on the SEL (although I didn't do any lock installs under it).

Comment

I'll roll it back. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Hi I'm having the same problem did you get this workin?

Comment

Anybody Ever Get a Yale Lock working?

Or did everybody just give up and trash it?

Comment

I'm always running the latest beta with Yale locks...no issues; but they are a pain to add correctly. I would set a stool next to your lock and set the zstick about an 1" away.

You may need to add it 2 or 3 times before it fully adds all of the devices.
            Also if you keep touching the touchpad with the back of you hand the split second the screen goes dark; that should keep it awake.

Comment

Same here. Have had two Yale Real Living touchscreen locks for years. Changed z-wave cards a few times, which means i had to re-add them those few times as well. Just last month, I added extra z-nets, splitting house into smaller zones. Once again, removed from old z-net and added to a new one, without any issues. Always use the latest beta available. Currently on 3.0.1.108 and at the time of lock removal and addition i think I was on 3.0.1.104.

Locks are a much more complex addition, as far as i understand. I always perform all operations with the z-net (or z-troller, in the past), right next to the lock, within two inches.

Comment

Set it up in HS BEFORE installing on the door

In case others are struggling with setting up a Yale lock, I tried several ways, and, until I took the unit back off the door, powered it up next to my HS computer/Z-stick and kept punching the keys to keep it awake, I couldn't get it all its features to be recognized in HS (evidently because it goes to sleep before all its features can be recognized).

Comment

Working...
                X