all exterior lights
      living room lamp
      front entry
      hallway
      stairwell to the basement
      basement living
      basement HT area

-Exterior lights automation via sunset/dawn

-began implementing a sleep mode for my house that will turn off all interior lighting when the house is put in sleep mode. Sleep mode is set to proc if there is no motion on either the basement or first floor grouped motion detectors for 1 full hour starting at 11pm. Sleep mode can be manually proc'd if any of the basement Homeseer switches are pressed 3 times and the house is already in evening mode.

-interior living room and front entry lamp automation depending on house modes virtual device (morning, day, evening, sleep) and virtual device that groups all first floor motion sensors. Setting:
      Morning: On
      Daytime: Off
      Evening: On
      Sleep: on for 2.5 minutes (with motion on any first floor motion)

-Basement living area, office, and HT room lighting intensity automation based on house modes virtual device (morning, day, evening, sleep)

-Holiday lighting automation using a new holiday virtual device, and existing house modes
      Interior lighting setting are
      Morning: off
      Day: on (15 minute timer) with any motion on first floor.
      Evening: on
      Sleepff
      Exterior:
      Morning, day, sleep: off
      Evening: on until 11pm. Then normal exterior lighting back on.
      -main hallway lighting: on for 2.5 minutes after hallway when house mode is morning, day, and evening. If motion during sleep hallway and lamps will turn on.

-HVAC thermostat automation using zwave compatible Trane unit. Currently using House mode (morning, Daytime, Evening, Sleep) and occupancy Status (home/away) virtual devices. I have the heating/cooloing mode set to auto and temperature ranges between 4 degrees apart and 8 degrees apart depending on occupancy status (home or away) and home mode (morning, day, evening, sleep).

2017 Goals
      1. attempt to use Scripting more.
      2. install and integrate a security system.
      3. automate Occupancy detection using, motion.
      4. Further house mode virtual device - sleep mode to shutdown unnecessary systems and devices to put the house into a low power utilization state.
      5. automate washer/dryer/dish washer completed detection and notification.
      6. add zwave lighting control of kitchen, dining, living room, bedrooms, storage areas, and bathrooms.
      7. add fireplace fan and get the fireplace controlled by HS3.
      8. complete water detection in all high risk areas.
      9. automatically dim lights in rooms with TVs when playing a show from Emby theatre/emby for Kodi plugin.

other goals
      whole home audio
      Exterior security camera monitoring
      Setup RGB LED light ropes on the outside of my hose under the roof and never have to put out christmas lights again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Kerat; December 22, 2016, 05:21 PM.

Comment

We won "Norway's Smartest Home". I'm happy about that.

Thanks for voting!
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

2016 success:

-migration from HS2 to HS3
          -integration of solar panels and Steca inverter (Modbus)
          -integration of ABB A43 electricity meter (Modbus) for solar panels
          -new HS3Touch project on my IPhone

Comment

Finally converted to HS3, I guess it was time considering I bought the upgrade well over 2 years ago. I was reluctant since I had HS2 working so well, and I like the more compact interface of HS2 better. Alas nothing new was showing up in HS2, and newer ZWave device support was sketchy, so I migrated, kicking and screaming. Took a couple weeks to debug it, and I still see a quirk or two, but overall I am satisfied and loving the HSTouch Android thing. Upgraded a few X10 devices to ZWave while I was at it.

Been a faithful Homeseer user since the v0.9 beta.......

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
              I am working on Alexa and Sonos integration using HomeSeer as the bridge. Easy to control play/pause/volume etc, working on selecting source of music, ie playlist, track, radio station. This is more challenging.

tenholde
              Ed

Did you get this working? Just starting to think about this myself

Cheers
              James
              cheeryfool

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X