Root Device Lost association with Children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Root Device Lost association with Children

Since the last update I believe everything started showing up grouped with Root/Parent and Children. Nice. I have one node which has apparently lost association with the children. Other than deleting and re-adding, is there a way to re-associate? The 4 children are together, it's the parent that is by itself.
    I ran a rescan on the parent and got this in the Log:
    Dec-19 10:35:42 PM Z-Wave Warning ZNet-LavalManor: Unhandled frame for command class: COMMAND_CLASS_METER_TBL_MONITOR_V2 Received on interface ZNet-LavalManor Source Node: 21
    Dec-19 10:35:42 PM Z-Wave Warning ZNet-LavalManor : Secure message received from node 21. It was successfully decrypted but the data sequence ID is out of sequence. (Not Processed)
    Audited the node and it says this:
    This node supports associations on the following groups:
    Node is missing Association Groups information.
    I did an "Import node info from controller", is there anything else I can try other than deleting and re-adding node?

You can try deleting the child objects, and then running a rescan of the parent. This *should* rebuild the child nodes. If there are classes missing from the original add, though, it will probably fail to bring all the data in, and you will have to remove and re-add the device.

Once in a while, I am able to run the Add a Device routine on an existing device without first removing it, and have it pick up the missing classes, etc. It might also be worth a try. This doesn't work every time, though. If it does, it might save you a few steps in updating events, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
      Since the last update I believe everything started showing up grouped with Root/Parent and Children. Nice. I have one node which has apparently lost association with the children. Other than deleting and re-adding, is there a way to re-associate? The 4 children are together, it's the parent that is by itself.
      I'm not sure what you mean by 'after the last update' as devices have generally always been grouped for me, apart from some problem devices. The root devices for my Stella-Zs become Standalone after every reboot. If it is just the grouping it can be quite easy to sort out with a script.

If you look on the 'Advanced' tab (not the Z-Wave tab) for the root device what does it say under:
      Relationship Status:
      and
      Associated Devices:

On my Stella-Z root devices the relationship status changes to 'Standalone' after a reboot but all the children are still listed in the 'Associated Devices'. I don't know if this is a Stella or an HS3 issue but, if this is the case then it is a simple matter to change it's relationship back to Root Device from a script.

However your issue may be different.

Steve

Comment

I've had the HS3 box since November, and nothing was ever grouped. I thought I read where there was issues with the grouping, and people were running scripts in order to group things correctly. I swear I got an email notification saying there was going to be an update launched last week, and maybe it was the week before. But I think it's only been a few days since everything started being grouped. Disclaimer: I firmly believe I'm sane, and what i'm saying is true. I just built my first virtual devices a couple of weeks ago, maybe that has something to do with it? Everything now (Parent/Children) is inside their own little boxes. That's new to me for whatever reason. So anyways, I looked under advanced and the associations are there.
        Associated Devices Garage Garage Garage Door 1 (Access Control Notification), Garage Garage Garage Door 1 (Security), Garage Garage Garage Door 1 (Status), Garage Garage Garage Door 1
        I tried deleting everything out of HS3, and doing the import from controller and it didn't work. I'm not sure I said that earlier. I guess I'll have to uninstall and reinstall it tonight.

Comment

What does it say for 'Relationship Status'?
          Steve

Comment

at some point something worked. All of the children are grouped with the parent, but now I'm missing the Security Notification Child. I do remember an error from last night saying something about security. I bet this is the case where you have to take the z-net closer to the device in order to get a good security handshake.

Comment

Working...
            X