Possible Zwave Ceiling Fan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Zwave Ceiling Fan?

So I saw this pop up on the SmartThings forums. It seems that this Wink enabled Ceiling fan may be compatible with with their system. Does anyone have this? Is this Zwave enabled? And finally, will this work with Homeseer?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Deco...3260/206648825

-Devon

I am going to go out on a limb and say "probably not." That is, it probably won't work with HomeSeer, unless HomeSeer's plug-in were updated to support it (assuming that the ceiling fan is indeed Z-Wave, which I also sort of doubt -- I'm guessing ZigBee).

GE and others make a Z-Wave fan control. And it looks like Insteon is an option, too.

Comment

Yea, I read through the ST article and they did say it was ZigBee. I can't believe that no one makes a zwave fan/light controller. They would make a killing!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sireone View Post
        Yea, I read through the ST article and they did say it was ZigBee. I can't believe that no one makes a zwave fan/light controller. They would make a killing!

I saw a rumor on reddit yesterday that Aeotec is coming out with a combo fan/light controller similar to the Insteon one.
        HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          I saw a rumor on reddit yesterday that Aeotec is coming out with a combo fan/light controller similar to the Insteon one.
          Wow, crossing my fingers. This would be great and sell quite well.

Comment

Why not use the Zwave Ceiling Fan switch? They work great!
            Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
              Why not use the Zwave Ceiling Fan switch? They work great!
              If you're referring to the GE one, does that control the lights as well? Not sure it does.

Comment

Oh, I got you...

No, you need one or the motor and another normal zwave to control the light.

Now, what you could do is use one of the GE fan switches to control the motor and use one of the fixture Zwave devices mounted in the electrical box to control the light (at the fan). Then you could use the "double" or "triple" tap the switch to perform functions that control the zwave fixture.

Thoughts?
                Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Working...
                X