Aeon Labs Minimote Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeon Labs Minimote Problem

I've been trying to get my Aeon Labs minimote to work with Homeseer HS3 and I've been unsuccessful. I've followed the instructions posted on a couple of different threads and Homeseer seems to have seen the device originally, but it does not seem to be seeing any events that the remote is sending (i.e. button presses). I've also managed to get my system in a state where there are two z-wave nodes assigned to the same minimote device. I'd like to reset things so that all the minimote nodes are gone and I could re-try setting it up, but I've been unsuccessful trying to figure out how to do that as well.

I'm using Homeseer HS3 running on Windows 10 with a SmartStick+ Z-wave interface. Can someone give me some instructions on how to remove the two z-wave devices (nodes) that my system currently has assigned to the same minimote? If I can do this, I would retry the steps outlined here - https://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165108 unless there is a better approach.

Thanks!

Jim

I think I may have managed to delete my bad 'nodes' and re-install the minimote and I now seem to be getting events. My 'network' originally had 7 nodes, then it went to 9 after my minimote installations, then I got it back to 7 and now I have 8 total nodes. However, the nodes are numbered 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,10. Is there some reason the node numbers aren't re-used when they aren't available? Should it bother me that my z-wave network has no node 8 or 9?

Thanks!

Jim

Comment

Good you got it up and running! I was going to suggest to make sure to update to the latest Z-Wave plug-in. There was a version from a while back (this summer) that made it difficult to add Minimotes for some reason.

No issues with the device numbers. The interface adds devices by going to the next highest number. Once you hit 232 or 255 or something, it'll roll back over and fill in the gaps. There's nothing you can do to change this, but it doesn't affect anything.

Comment

Does anyone have any suggestions about Button 1 not working on (2) different Minimotes upgraded to V1.19 paired to Homeseer? Button 2,3 and 4 work fine in events.
        I can pair these to a Vera 3 and Button 1 works on both remotes.
        I have removed and added them a few times, but still no button joy.

Comment

Same issue here with HS3 and button 1...

I can confirm the same behavior, Minimote with v1.19 firmware paired to HS3 doesn't send events for button 1, but buttons 2-4 work fine.

Firmware issue maybe?

Originally posted by thewizardofoz View Post
          Does anyone have any suggestions about Button 1 not working on (2) different Minimotes upgraded to V1.19 paired to Homeseer? Button 2,3 and 4 work fine in events.
          I can pair these to a Vera 3 and Button 1 works on both remotes.
          I have removed and added them a few times, but still no button joy.

Comment

All buttons working after HS3 update and re-add of remote

Updating my own post, I recently updated my HS3 to 3.0.0.312 and also found in my device listing that I had an "old" entry from the Aeon remote (might have been filtered out before) so I removed it.
            Tried re-adding the remote and this time all 4 buttons worked as expected!

Originally posted by smuskiew73 View Post
            I can confirm the same behavior, Minimote with v1.19 firmware paired to HS3 doesn't send events for button 1, but buttons 2-4 work fine.

Firmware issue maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by smuskiew73 View Post
              Updating my own post, I recently updated my HS3 to 3.0.0.312 and also found in my device listing that I had an "old" entry from the Aeon remote (might have been filtered out before) so I removed it.
              Tried re-adding the remote and this time all 4 buttons worked as expected!
              Thank You. I now have all 6 of my Minimotes working with Button 1

Comment

Working...
              X