Z-Wave Motion trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Motion trigger

I'm trying to get an event to trigger from a Everspring Z-Wave motion detector.

Here's what I am seeing in the HS log:
    Security Back Parking Area Back Parking Motion (Z15) Set to Off/Closed/No Motion

I set the Device to have a value of 0 for No Motion and 100 for Motion.

I can only get the event to trigger on "changes and becomes
    Any value"

The other options are "An Invalid or Error State" or "Enter a custom value or range"

I tried different custom values and ranges but couldn't get it to work.

I don't know where the "Closed" and "Open" values came from as shown in the log.

What's going on here.

Can you post a screenshot of the device/graphics tab?
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Here it is...
      Attached Files

Comment

Did you say that you manually made it 100 for motion? Try 255 instead. I found some devices don't take well to changing the status, so you may want to delete the child device and rescan.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Changed it to 255 and changed to trigger on a range of 1 to 255 and it didn't work. If I make it trigger on "Any Value" it works like a champ.

These Everspring Motions can't be scanned unless you wake them up...a real pita. I've got to start the scan and then climb a ladder to get to it, unscrew it from the wall to activate the switch and then screw it back down again...in the rain. They eat batteries too although this one is fed from external power. I've about had it with them. They may be in the trash next week.

Comment

Originally posted by noopara View Post
            Changed it to 255 and changed to trigger on a range of 1 to 255 and it didn't work. If I make it trigger on "Any Value" it works like a champ.

These Everspring Motions can't be scanned unless you wake them up...a real pita. I've got to start the scan and then climb a ladder to get to it, unscrew it from the wall to activate the switch and then screw it back down again...in the rain. They eat batteries too although this one is fed from external power. I've about had it with them. They may be in the trash next week.
            If you do, try the Aeon 6 in 1 multisensors. When they are run from USB, they act just like a powered device. They can be scanned and routed through like any other device.

Comment

Good to know. Have you connected them using very long cables (100 ft) with success?

Comment

I have Ecolink sensors and use 'Motion' and 'No Motion', are these option available in the drop down?

Comment

Working...
                X