Feeeling really inadequate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeeling really inadequate

I have been a homeseer user for a really long time. starting with HS1 and have really great use from my Hometroller S3 with HS2. I have about 300 devices (X10, Zwave, Insteon, and status only) and more than 100 events, a bunch of scripts that somehow I managed to claw together and some ASP pages that make it all come together for my our needs. We rely on it and have for a long time. Two years ago I decided (actually felt kind of forced to from a support, bug, and feature perspective) to upgrade and got a Hometroller S6 with HS3 pro. But each time I try and get going on the migration I am left feeling completely stupid and wholly inadequate...

I have looked at HS3 doc that I have found and I search the forums looking for some direction like best migration practice and while I find a thread here or two, nothing has helped me. Maybe there is some place I have not found and I would welcome a pointer it.

I do have a question. Is it possible to transfer the devices from HS2's z-troller to my HS3 z-net interface ( I did a backup and moved the file to the HS3 machine but the restore on the HS3 machine doesn't see the file so I conclude either I placed it in the wrong place or it's not compatible format...

And second once (assuming it's possible) I have successfully restored the z-troller data into the z-net interface is it possible to run both HS2 with the original z-troller intact and still working and the new HS3 with same devices in the z-net interface?
    -Rick

Which directory did you put the file in? Should be in data/z-wave with a .zwave extension. I believe the files are compatible, but you could always temporarily connect the ztroller to the new system and back it up from there. You should be able to run the two in parallel, but changes made through one system may not be reflected in the other. Also, do you have any z-wave locks? If so, there's an additional step to take.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Sparkman,

Thank You!

I had placed the z-troller backup file in the same folder structure as I had found it in HS2, using your suggestion it was found and I now have devices. Gives me a starting point that I can begin working with.

-Rick
      -Rick

Comment

Working...
      X