Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receiving IR with HS3

-Rick

Get a USBUIRT. Use the BLUSBUIRT plugin to trigger X10 commands based on received IR codes.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Steve Q,

The HS machine is not located nearby to the source of the IR, so based on what I understand this solution may not be for me. However, I wonder how well this thing works as a self-powered extender and then it might be good.

https://goo.gl/Sd1J2r

Thanks.

-r
      -Rick

Comment

I don't know how far you could extend the USB cable, you could try.

You could also try a Powermid to wirelessly extend the IR signal to your HS computer.

https://www.x10.com/pm5900.html

Steve Q

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
          I don't know how far you could extend the USB cable, you could try.

Steve Q

I've had good luck with monoprice USB extension cables (have a 65' one for the WiiU), but I did have to add a powered hub at the destination. Of course I have 3 thing plugged into it (pads for Skylanders, Disney infinity and Lego dimensions). I plan on adding more for the ps3 and Xbox one.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sirmeili & Steve Q Thanks
            -Rick

Comment

Working...
            X