Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error in startup

I messed up.
    I was editing the the BBLAN ini file. And the BBLAN plugin didn't startup anymore. Something about an interface error.
    I placed the unedited file back in the config folder and restarted the HS3 server.

Now whenever I run ./go I get an error
    Code:
    HomeSeer Linux starting...
    Error in startup: A type load exception has occurred.
    I removed the BBLAN plugin and config files but I still get the error.
    Help

Or another question what can I do to save all my devices / events.
    I hadden't made a backup

Comment

Originally posted by alan_smithee View Post
      Or another question what can I do to save all my devices / events.
      I hadden't made a backup
      There should be a Data folder under the HomeSeer one which should contain HomeSeerData.hsd which is a sqllite file that contains all of your devices and events. It should automatically update on a regular basis. The only way to force a save is to run an immediate script command (&hs.saveEventsDevices), but if HS3 is not running, then that won't work. Take a look at the time-stamp on the file. There are other folders that you should back up/restore depending on what plugins you have running, etc.

Cheers
      Al

PS I don't know much about the Zee, so can't help with the error in your first post. Maybe post the contents of your settings.ini file.
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
        There should be a Data folder under the HomeSeer one which should contain HomeSeerData.hsd which is a sqllite file that contains all of your devices and events. It should automatically update on a regular basis. The only way to force a save is to run an immediate script command (&hs.saveEventsDevices), but if HS3 is not running, then that won't work. Take a look at the time-stamp on the file. There are other folders that you should back up/restore depending on what plugins you have running, etc.
        Thank you for your help.
        I did the following
        - reinstalled HomeSeer
        - reinstalled the plugins and enabled them
        - shutdown HS
        moved the complete data and config folder
        copied the exe.config files

Everything is up again.

This was exactly the reason I installed HS on a VM and I always tell people make backups.... Guess I learned my lesson.

Comment

Working...
        X