Monitor PI CPU Temp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monitor PI CPU Temp?

Is it possible with a script to monitor the Raspberry PI CPU temperature?

Sump pump failed (no, I did not have any water sensors ) soaking the carpet. All my equipment sits in a closet off of the office. The office will be closed with a dehumidifier for 3 days. I'm told it will get up to 90 degrees and I'm concerned about the temp.

I will have a fan blowing on all the equipment, but was hoping to get alerted on temperature.

Thanks,

Jim

I use the following flow in Node-Red to measure CPU temp and then send to HS via MQTT. You could also send to HS via HTTP/JSON if you don't want to mess with MQTT.

The underlying command is this.

Code:
    vcgencmd measure_temp
    Code:
    [{"id":"c864c2db.1b099","type":"inject","z":"5a97fdf4.354ee4","name":"","topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","repeat":"60","crontab":"","once":true,"x":145,"y":102,"wires":[["9383981b.15e2d8"]]},{"id":"9383981b.15e2d8","type":"exec","z":"5a97fdf4.354ee4","command":"vcgencmd","addpay":false,"append":"measure_temp","useSpawn":"","timer":"","name":"getBCMtemp","x":392.42857360839844,"y":99.49996948242188,"wires":[["ea341776.2c5f68"],[],[]]},{"id":"bd31580f.d14548","type":"debug","z":"5a97fdf4.354ee4","name":"","active":false,"console":"false","complete":"false","x":778,"y":47.571449279785156,"wires":[]},{"id":"ea341776.2c5f68","type":"function","z":"5a97fdf4.354ee4","name":"BCMtempParse","func":"var tempstring = msg.payload;\nvar parts = tempstring.split('=')\nvar tempc = parseFloat(parts[1])\n    tempf = tempc * 9/5 + 32;\n    tempf = Math.round(tempf * 10) / 10;\n    msg.payload = tempf;\nreturn msg;","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"x":597,"y":88.57144927978516,"wires":[["bd31580f.d14548","74e3446b.3ec89c"]]},{"id":"74e3446b.3ec89c","type":"mqtt out","z":"5a97fdf4.354ee4","name":"","topic":"RPI3-1/System/BCMTemp","qos":"","retain":"true","broker":"7f38787d.514728","x":826,"y":89.57144165039062,"wires":[]},{"id":"7f38787d.514728","type":"mqtt-broker","z":"","broker":"192.168.0.33","port":"1883","clientid":"","usetls":false,"compatmode":true,"keepalive":"60","cleansession":true,"willTopic":"","willQos":"0","willPayload":"","birthTopic":"","birthQos":"0","birthPayload":""}]

Comment

a script for cpu temp

You can make a device and run this script, remember to change dref.
      its set up to show Celsius, save as xxx.vb

Code:
      Imports System.IO

''ZeeTemperature.vb*-*Rob*Mason*-*10/23/2013*-*Free*to*use/modify. 

Sub Main(parm As Object)
          Dim FTemp, CTemp As Double
          Dim lin As String
          Dim sr As StreamReader
          Dim dref As Integer = 5     'use*your*own*device*reference 

Try
              sr = New StreamReader("/sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp")
              lin = sr.ReadLine()

CTemp = CDbl(lin) / 1000.0
              FTemp = getFarenheit(CTemp)
              ''hs.WriteLog("ZeeTemperature","lin="*&*lin*&*"--*CTemp="*&*CTemp*&*"**FTemp="*&*FTemp) 

''update*device*here*-*use*CTemp*or*FTemp*as*needed 
              hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(dref, CTemp, True)
              hs.SetDeviceString(dref, "Current*Temp:*" & CTemp.ToString("0.#") & "&deg*C", True)

Catch ex As Exception
              hs.WriteLog("ZeeTemperature", ex.Message)
          Finally
              If (Not sr Is Nothing) Then sr.Close()
          End Try
      End Sub

Public Function getFarenheit(ByVal c As Double) As Double
          Dim d As Double
          d = c * 9 / 5 + 32
          Return d
      End Function

Comment

Originally posted by xreec View Post
        a script for cpu temp

You can make a device and run this script, remember to change dref.
        its set up to show Celsius, save as xxx.vb

Code:
        Imports System.IO

''ZeeTemperature.vb*-*Rob*Mason*-*10/23/2013*-*Free*to*use/modify.

Sub Main(parm As Object)
        Dim FTemp, CTemp As Double
        Dim lin As String
        Dim sr As StreamReader
        Dim dref As Integer = 5 'use*your*own*device*reference

Try
        sr = New StreamReader("/sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp")
        lin = sr.ReadLine()

CTemp = CDbl(lin) / 1000.0
        FTemp = getFarenheit(CTemp)
        ''hs.WriteLog("ZeeTemperature","lin="*&*lin*&*"--*CTemp="*&*CTemp*&*"**FTemp="*&*FTemp)

''update*device*here*-*use*CTemp*or*FTemp*as*needed
        hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(dref, CTemp, True)
        hs.SetDeviceString(dref, "Current*Temp:*" & CTemp.ToString("0.#") & "&deg*C", True)

Catch ex As Exception
        hs.WriteLog("ZeeTemperature", ex.Message)
        Finally
        If (Not sr Is Nothing) Then sr.Close()
        End Try
        End Sub

Public Function getFarenheit(ByVal c As Double) As Double
        Dim d As Double
        d = c * 9 / 5 + 32
        Return d
        End Function
        I'm late to the party, but where do I get the dref for my particular Pi?
        Thanks!

Comment

So I thought all I had to do was create a virtual device, get the device ref for that and then change the script to reference that dref. So I changed the line that says

Dim dref As Integer = 5 'use*your*own*device*reference

to

Dim dref As Integer = 1146 (my virtual device ref)

and then triggered an event to run the script. However, I get the following errors in my log:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-28 172633.jpg Views:	0 Size:	30.7 KB ID:	1573059

Is there something else I need to change? Or have I not referenced the dref correctly?
          Malcolm

Comment

Please copy and paste your entire script here (using the code tags) so it displays correctly.
            Jon

Comment

Not to hijack this thread but this is something that tenholde's tenscripting can resolve quickly. It's usually a typo that isn't immediately obvious.
              "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
              X