RPi3 blocked after installation for registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RPi3 blocked after installation for registration

I installed today my first RPi3. I can access but I he ask me for registration. I wanna try only, to see if I can transfer my hole installation from Win to linux.
    Do you have an idea?
    I have in the same network HS3 pro, where I own the licence.

Another question is about the licences I purchased, it is possible to transfert them to LINUX?

Best reagards
    Christoph

Just utilize your same license number / password when you hit the button to register online. The license for HS3 Pro is the same for Windows and Linux.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hi Pete,
      I only have the licence code which I can see in the HS3 Pro installation. I have no password.

Comment

If you loaded the HomeSeer RPi image on the Pi unit it requires a HS3 Pi license. A full HS3 windows license will not work on the HomeSeer Rpi image it requires a separate license. If you load the full version of Linux then your license will work on an RPi unit.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

And there is no trial?

Comment

@Rupp,

Christoph wants to install HSPro on his RPi.

@Christoph

There should be a 30 day trial of HS3Pro on your RPi. I do not think that there is a 30 day trial with the Zee2 image.

You cannot purchase the Zee2 image. You can only purchase the Zee2 with the Homeseer 3 lite OS on it.

That said request your license and password from HST here as it is automated now.

licensing-issues

The RPi Zee2 image includes Homeseer 3 lite which is a totally different license. If that is what you utilized then remove the directory.

Note to learn a bit about the Linux and RPi it would be advantageous for you to build new using

1 - Stretch
            2 - current release of Mono.

Rather than the current Zee2 RPi build using Jessie and old Mono.

/usr/local/HomeSeer

and install HomeSeer Pro to the RPi. Google the Homeseer forum for instructions. It is plug n play Linux stuff.

Note that there is five flavors of Homeseer 3 in Linux.

1 - Zee2 - Homeseer Lite (up to 5 plugins) - running RPi Jessie - must purchase the Zee2 which is an RPi, ZWave and Homeseer Lite.
            2 - HomeSeer Pro - software purchase for Linux or Windows
            3 - Homeseer Standard - software purchase for Linux or Windows
            4 - Hometroller SEL Homeseer 3 Pro (running Ubuntu 14.04 32 bit) - hardware purchase that includes HS3 Pro.
            5 - Hometroller SEL Homeseer Standard (running Ubuntu 14.04 32 bit) - hardware purchase that includes HS3 Standard.
            Last edited by Pete; January 3, 2018, 09:05 AM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete, where does it say he loaded HS3 Pro? I read this to mean he's already running HS3 Pro on his PC that's on the same network. If he loaded a full version of Linux and HS3 Pro then his existing license should work just fine on this installation.

Comment

@sirhcz - yes, you can install HS3 Pro on your Pi3. The same Windows license id will work just fine.

That is exactly what I run on my installation.
                HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

@Rupp...here...on post #1 above.

I wanna try only, to see if I can transfer my hole installation from Win to linux.
                  I have in the same network HS3 pro, where I own the licence.

Rupp writes....If he loaded a full version of Linux and HS3 Pro then his existing license should work just fine on this installation.

I think that is what Christoph is trying to do.

Baby steps Christoph...

1 - build your new RPi using Stretch following these directions

Raspbian Stretch Lite

2 - Install most current version of mono following these directions

The latest Mono release is: 5.4.1 Stable (5.4.1.6)

I installed mono-complete

sudo apt-get install mono-complete

3 - One mono add is required to run Homeseer 3

sudo apt-get install mono-vbnc

4 - and the following adds for Homeseer 3

sudo apt-get install flite

and

Chromium ...

5 - configure rc.local to start Homeseer 3. Test start Homeseer 3 ssh'ing to the box and directory and typing ./go.
                  Last edited by Pete; January 3, 2018, 11:01 AM.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,
                    I guess we need to let him further explain what he has setup. If he in fact does have a full linux install on the Pi then his license should work just fine. If he has the HS3 RPi install then his license will not work.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                      Pete,
                      I guess we need to let him further explain what he has setup. If he in fact does have a full linux install on the Pi then his license should work just fine. If he has the HS3 RPi install then his license will not work.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X