No announcement yet.

Plug-In Limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting there, except going to 198.162.1.73 opens the webapp portion of deCONZ for the zigbee card in my pi3. I have two things competing for port 80. How would I change HS3 to something other than port 80?

Or some other solution?

Comment

One more thing: the HS instructions I'm following say to modify the RC.local file for auto start on bootup, but the file is write protected.

I realize I shouldn't be asking here for every little instruction in Linux soi'm wondering which book for dummies I should get? Raspberry for dummies or "The Linux command line: A complete introduction" or something else?

Comment

You can edit the rc.local file using sudo. IE:

sudo nano /etc/rc.local (NOTE type exactly as I typed)

You can edit the homeseer configuration file to change the default browser web port.

sudo nano usr/local/HomeSeer/Config/settings.ini (NOTE type exactly as I typed)

or short cut it above by typing

sudo su

once.

Study the above, practice you cannot break it. Here utilize something like 5678 for my Homeseer webgui port.

If something goes ascue you can take out the SD card and edit files move files with another computer running linux.

Your first Linux certification question....

1 - When was Linux invented?
        2 - Who invented Linux?

Answers

1 - 1991
        2 - Linus Torvalds

Linus Torvalds wanted had to call his invention "Freax", a portmanteau of "free", "freak", and "x" (as an allusion to Unix).
        Last edited by Pete; January 19, 2018, 04:29 PM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I knew "Who" I didn't know when. You learn something everyday, the key is not to forget what you learned yesterday. I'll add this to the list of things I've learned.

However, I do not have a homeseer directory in /usr/local. It's in Downloads/Homeseer which is where I extracted it to. It appears I should move it.

Went to config directory and edited the settings.ini file with nano. Why can I write to file with nano but not with Leafpad, the GUI version. If the readonly attribute is set, it should be set, period. no?

Using GUI I cannot move a directory. So I will have to learn to do this from a command line.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
            I knew "Who" I didn't know when. You learn something everyday, the key is not to forget what you learned yesterday. I'll add this to the list of things I've learned.

However, I do not have a homeseer directory in /usr/local. It's in Downloads/Homeseer which is where I extracted it to. It appears I should move it.

Went to config directory and edited the settings.ini file with nano. Why can I write to file with nano but not with Leafpad, the GUI version. If the readonly attribute is set, it should be set, period. no?

Using GUI I cannot move a directory. So I will have to learn to do this from a command line.
            It's all down to permissions. Its best you do all your downloading from the Terminal and not from the GUI. I'm not sure what method you use but in Linux generally if a program refuses to run it needs root credentials. Sudo is king on the Raspberry Pi

Your working directory is Downloads/HomeSeer. As far as the system is concerned its /home/pi/Downloads/HomeSeer. Try changing directory using cd on both options. Be careful with syntax in Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post

The edit worked because you used "sudo nano". sudo issues the command as "root". Typically root has access to do anything and everything. There is usually not any easy way to do sudo in the GUI.

To move Downloads/HomeSeer to /usr/local:

cd Downloads
              sudo mv HomeSeer /usr/local

If you want to copy it rather than moving it:
              sudo cp -p HomeSeer /usr/local

Bill

Comment

Thanks to @Pete, @bdickhaus and others, I'm up and running.

Now I have to get my setup on the PC over to the Pi. The discovery phase continues.

Comment

Personally here have my HomeSeer directory in the root. Mostly because it is easy to get to. Many users put their HomeSeer directory in the /opt/HomeSeer directory.

When building the device I create a couple of homeseer users in Linux and duplicate those users in the Homeseer GUI.

Said users are configured to have RW access to wherever the Homeseer directory is.

I also utilize my Ubuntu laptop to get to the Homeseer box via the Ubuntu explorer.

I typically login via root on the explorer. Using root access allows me to do anything with the Homeseer directory or files inside and it is faster than typing in a terminal command line session.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Comment

Yes you should be ok with the plugins, use the same user and password.

Comment

Just a note relating to the hardware and specifically serially(or USB serial) or ethernet connected stuff...

Here I cannot connect my two HS3 boxes to the ZNet like box at the same time. What you can do here is utilize two Z-Wave interfaces replicated to each other with same configuration. They will see each other but be autonomous such that all of your events / triggers should work fine. Here run the same ZWave configuration on three (four sometimes). (VRCOP, HSZWave, Samsung Smartthings and Almond +).

BTW I can debend the HS3 box (V420) disconnecting my ZWave ethernet RPi. Did it yesterday updating the RPi in the attic.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                        X