No announcement yet.

RPI3 average load high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suggest bringing Stretch up to date, installing Mono 5.10 and installing the latest beta of HS3. It appears that we are close to a production release so this is where all the "chat" is at the moment.

Obviously back up or take an image of your current working system before you attempt any of this.

Comment

Stretch and mono are already up-to-date.

Just wondering if anyone has a good method of updating hs3 pro on a rpi to the latest. I already have the tar file. I've always rebuilt from scratch when updating homeseer.

Is it best to rebuild from new or is there a way to keep all events etc and just slip in the install?

A step by step would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Steaktastic87 View Post
        Stretch and mono are already up-to-date.

Just wondering if anyone has a good method of updating hs3 pro on a rpi to the latest. I already have the tar file. I've always rebuilt from scratch when updating homeseer.

Is it best to rebuild from new or is there a way to keep all events etc and just slip in the install?

A step by step would be greatly appreciated
        Takes about 5 minutes

Stop HS service. Use wget to choose the particular version of HG you require. When it is downloaded, tar the download and restart the service. All youre really doing is overwriting files in the homeseer folder with updated versions.It's that simple.

Remember to make a backup of your settings in HS before you attempt this.

No need to do any rebuilds or anything as complicated as that

Comment

Ok thanks for that, saved me a lot of heartache. All up-to-date and running smoothly so far. Will report back after a day or so. The random/intermittent light automation delays came back after a few hours yesterday when i updated mono to the latest even though cpu usage is as it should be.

Probably have to start looking elsewhere again now, thought this would be the root cause. Stumbled across "pearls of zwave knowledge" in the how-to section of this forum. Quite an interesting read and was wondering if this information is still relevant. I have my first 6 nodes as battery devices so wondering if this could be an issue if the controller truly starts at node 2. If you read through the post you'll understand my concern. Also set up my devices closest to furthest from my controller but i get confused as to whether the OP would class the aeotec usb zwave controller as a installer library controller. Been a long day so ill re read tomorrow.

Thanks for all help so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Steaktastic87 View Post
            Ok thanks for that, saved me a lot of heartache. All up-to-date and running smoothly so far. Will report back after a day or so. The random/intermittent light automation delays came back after a few hours yesterday when i updated mono to the latest even though cpu usage is as it should be.

Probably have to start looking elsewhere again now, thought this would be the root cause. Stumbled across "pearls of zwave knowledge" in the how-to section of this forum. Quite an interesting read and was wondering if this information is still relevant. I have my first 6 nodes as battery devices so wondering if this could be an issue if the controller truly starts at node 2. If you read through the post you'll understand my concern. Also set up my devices closest to furthest from my controller but i get confused as to whether the OP would class the aeotec usb zwave controller as a installer library controller. Been a long day so ill re read tomorrow.

Thanks for all help so far.
            Can't help you on the Z-Wave front. I'm an X10 man but there's plenty on here who can. Just post in the ZWave section for help.

Glad to see you got your update procedures sorted out too. Easy when you know how.

Don't forget to back up your settings before each update so you can quickly restore them. From what I can gather minor changes can send Z-Wave into a frenzy

Comment

Just thought I'd update on this now I've finally had the time to address it. Started with new sd card, fresh install of latest stretch image, installed latest mono version and now on homeseer version .445.

I built up my mesh network by using nodes that have a usb connection first and alternated from the lower and upper floor of the house instead of working in a circular route from the ground up. I then fully optimised four times to build a routing table before adding any battery powered devices. Whether this has had any impact I can't say 100% but this (and homeseer version) is the only difference between the previous setup.

Now everything works, load average is down to 0.14, 0.14, 0.14, the lights no longer have a noticeable delay.

I learnt that the aeotec multisensor 6 don't always detect motion when I would expect them to but that's a hardware/setup issue. So far 7 days of uptime and running like clockwork, fingers crossed.

Appreciate everyone's input as it help me to get where I am now.

Comment

Working...
              X