Plug In Limit Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug In Limit Questions

Understand that Pi version has limit of 5 plugins, presumably due to resource limitations of Raspberry Pi's (1GB RAM, etc.)

Do all plug-ins count towards this limit? Specifically I am wondering about the built-in HSTouch plugin and Zwave plugin?

Thanks...

Originally posted by WhitW View Post
    Understand that Pi version has limit of 5 plugins, presumably due to resource limitations of Raspberry Pi's (1GB RAM, etc.)

Do all plug-ins count towards this limit? Specifically I am wondering about the built-in HSTouch plugin and Zwave plugin?

Thanks...
    Someone can correct me if wrong but I don't think the HSTouch counts as it's not optional, however I'm pretty sure the Z-Wave plugin does.

Comment

HSTouch is now built-in, it is no longer a plug-in. Any plug-in does count towards the 5 limit on the Pi license.

However the Pi3 is capable of more than 5 with a different license. I am running HS3Pro on a Pi3 with 11 plug-ins (one of them is remote) and it runs fine. It is all about memory, and some plug-ins use more than others.

Bill

Comment

Just buy yourself a full HS3 licence and you can install as many plugins on the Raspberry Pi as you want to breaking point.

Comment

I have the full HS3 license, but it tells me my license is not valid when I try to install it on Pi?

Comment

Originally posted by JoelWener View Post
            I have the full HS3 license, but it tells me my license is not valid when I try to install it on Pi?
            It should work. You may have to install the full HS3 linux version of the software, not the Pi version.

Comment

Working...
            X