Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using HS3 Pi’s camera to take photo and then email it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using HS3 Pi’s camera to take photo and then email it?

I’ve switched a friend’s holiday home HA system over from Domoticz to HS3-Pi as my experience of both makes me think HS3 will be rather more stable - important when the place is eight hours drive away.

One thing that was simple to do in Domoticz was take a pic on the Raspberry Pi camera and have it emailed to you. I’m not entirely sure how to go about this with HS3 - please could someone outline the steps for me, and tell me what scripting skills I’ll have to learn (if any?)

Did you purchase the RPi from HomeSeer as these RPi units do not have built in cameras or did you add the RPi camera board?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

No, I didn’t buy the Pi from Homeseer, I bought the HS3-Pi license and added the HS software to a Pi2 that I already had (with Pi camera attached and functioning.)

I can take a pic manually using raspistill and store it on the Pi, but I’d like to be able to create an HS event that will take the pic then email the stored pic to me.

Comment

One of the possible Event Actions is "Run Another Program or Process". You should be able to use that to run raspistill and then use the "Send Email" Event Action to email the resulting picture. You'll likely need a small delay (Wait) between the two actions and the file created by raspistill should be stored in a directory accessible by HS.
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks - that doesn’t look too tricky!

Comment

Are you displaying a picture with the on board CSI module camera

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
              Are you displaying a picture with the on board CSI module camera
              Yes, that's correct.

Comment

Working...