No announcement yet.

Raspberry PI VMware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I understand it now it is event easier! Thank rich .I have updated the link on my post above since the one in the pdf is more recent (today).

------

Personally, my mother, will receive a raspberry pi 4 with 2-4gb of ram this Christmas. And i'll install the hs3-pi version this way.
    It is now on a x64 dietpi install.

Current Date/Time: 03/07/2019 23:38:54
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.534
    Linux version: Linux xxxxx 4.9.0-9-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.168-1+deb9u3 (2019-06-16) x86_64 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 1 Day 6 Hours 54 Minutes 29 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.0.xxx
    Number of Devices: 9
    Number of Events: 10
    Available Threads: 399
    HSTouch Enabled: False
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0

Comment

So I grabbed Raspbean Stretch and I also tried Debian.

I downloaded the tar, put it in /usr/local. Install all the mono requirements, but I keep getting errors when trying to change the system password. Seg faults, problems with check_passwd binary files etc...

Comment

check_passwd is an executable binary that needs to match the hardware its running on. HS provides two versions, the one in the hs3-pi version for the ARM and the one in the hs3 standard for Intel.

An alternative to this is the following Perl script, which works on either.

Code:
        #!/usr/bin/perl
        # check_passwd - HS3-linux tool script
        # supports: TOOLS->System->Linux Tools, TOOLS->System->Change System Password
        # login password validation
        # usage: check_passwd username password
        # returns 0 if valid username/password provided; 1 otherwise

use strict;
        use warnings;
        use English;

die "$0: must be superuser!\n" if $UID;

my $username = shift;
        my $passwd = shift;

my (undef, $crypt) = getpwnam($username) if $username;
        my $rc = (defined ($passwd) and defined($crypt) and crypt($passwd, $crypt) eq $crypt) ? 0 : 1;
        exit $rc;
        This file is included in the download found here.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
          check_passwd is an executable binary that needs to match the hardware its running on. HS provides two versions, the one in the hs3-pi version for the ARM and the one in the hs3 standard for Intel.

An alternative to this is the following Perl script, which works on either.

Code:
          #!/usr/bin/perl
          # check_passwd - HS3-linux tool script
          # supports: TOOLS->System->Linux Tools, TOOLS->System->Change System Password
          # login password validation
          # usage: check_passwd username password
          # returns 0 if valid username/password provided; 1 otherwise

use strict;
          use warnings;
          use English;

die "$0: must be superuser!\n" if $UID;

my $username = shift;
          my $passwd = shift;

my (undef, $crypt) = getpwnam($username) if $username;
          my $rc = (defined ($passwd) and defined($crypt) and crypt($passwd, $crypt) eq $crypt) ? 0 : 1;
          exit $rc;
          This file is included in the download found here.

It's not throwing that error message, but now just saying the current password is incorrect.

Comment

If you can't remember the password, you'll need to login to the Linux shell to create a new one. Should be able to get in with username 'pi' password 'raspberry'. Command to change the password for username 'homeseer' is

Code:
            sudo passwd homeseer

Comment

You can delete the user.config in the HomeSeer/Config folder

then create a linux user with User:homeseer pass :hs3hst ( dont remember the exact one ) .

and restart homeseer I think. Then you have to enter these as old credentials.. and then chosse new one for you.

Sorry i am not at home. Maybe that is not 100% right

Comment

Stupid question. This is a vanilla copy of Debian. I’m not using raspberry stretch.

i have no local accounts called homeseer. I assume I have to make one? Do I need the id and gid to be something specific ?

Comment

Originally posted by mik3y View Post
                  Stupid question. This is a vanilla copy of Debian. I’m not using raspberry stretch.

i have no local accounts called homeseer. I assume I have to make one? Do I need the id and gid to be something specific ?
                  Not necessarily. The only place this "system" userid is utilized is to allow access to "Linux Tools" (Tools->System->Linux Tools), a poorly implemented substitute for the Linux command line. Since you're clearly fluent with the Linux shell, there's no value added.
                  If for some reason you want to use it, it can be accessed using any valid login credentials. The very slight benefit of a "homeseer" id is that is what is pre-filled in the username form field when the page is loaded.

HS3 application userid's (Tools->Setup, Network tab) are completely independent of this. These are stored in .../HomeSeer/Config/users.cfg

Comment

Working...
                  X