Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timers and Counters reset on reboot

Hi,
    Have the latest version of HS3 running on a RPi 3 and everytime the PI reboots the timers and counters reset to 0. I know this is not correct since I have Homeseer for a long time on windows. This is the first time a RPi and was hoping someone has a solution for this since I did not find any with my searches.
    Thanks Jerry

HS makes no effort to do a proper database shutdown at reboot. To preserve timer & counter contents, you need first to perform a shutdown of the HS3 application.

It is possible to overcome this incompetence and set up to run as a service. This will perform an orderly shutdown of HS3 prior to reboot, thus preserving timer & counter values. See https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...taller-package

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for the response. I was under the impression that the timers and counters would survived restarts. The real issue is when the RPi reboots unplanned like a power fail. For now I will just write the timers and counters values to disk when they change and reload them on start up. Seems very weak that timers and counters are not saved but I did not design the software so I do not know all the reasons for this weakness.

Comment

Originally posted by Balloon View Post
        Hi,
        Thanks for the response. I was under the impression that the timers and counters would survived restarts. The real issue is when the RPi reboots unplanned like a power fail. For now I will just write the timers and counters values to disk when they change and reload them on start up. Seems very weak that timers and counters are not saved but I did not design the software so I do not know all the reasons for this weakness.
        If you follow what zwolpack said the issue will go away

Comment

Working...
        X