Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event triggered devices flip state less than a minute later or rapidly change state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event triggered devices flip state less than a minute later or rapidly change state

Fully updated Zee S2
    Zwave Plugin: 3.0.1.252

It has been doing this repeatedlly the last few months on the last version. It worked just fine for at-least the first year I had it installed.

Here is what it looks like in the log:
    Sep-17 7:14:08 AM Z-Wave Device: Main Outside Outside Lights Set to 255
    Sep-17 7:14:08 AM Z-Wave Device: Main Outside Outside Garage Lights Set to 255
    Sep-17 7:14:07 AM Z-Wave Device: Main Outside Outside Front Door Light Set to 255
    Sep-17 7:14:07 AM Device Control Device: Main Outside Outside Lights to On (255) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Sep-17 7:14:07 AM Device Control Device: Main Outside Outside Garage Lights to On (255) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Sep-17 7:14:07 AM Device Control Device: Main Outside Outside Front Door Light to On (255) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Sep-17 7:13:12 AM Z-Wave Device: Main Outside Outside Front Door Light Set to 0
    Sep-17 7:13:12 AM Device Control Device: Main Outside Outside Garage Lights to Off (0)
    Sep-17 7:13:12 AM Device Control Device: Main Outside Outside Front Door Light to Off (0)
    Sep-17 7:13:12 AM Event Event Trigger "Outdoor Light Events Sunrise"

See attached for the event, it's very basic, it's the only event. I fully optimized the network with no issues. I see absolutely nothing that would tell them to turn on roughly after they turn off. The exact same thing happens at sunset to. They turn on for less than a minute then turn off.

Sometimes it rapidly changes states back and forth. I hear the switches going on/off SUPER fast and my lights strobe.

Do you have any of your devices cross linked? Any other events related to these devices at all?

Comment

I have outside front door and outside lights linked.

No other related events.

Comment

I just replaced some old Leviton switches, one of which was doing sort of what you described - the rapid on-off that would not quit until I power cycled the switch.
        There was no event associated with this, and the switches are "relay" type that I had used for exhaust fans and outside lights.

Comment

These are all less than 2 year old WS100 and WD100 switches, I would hope that isn't the case with the rapid on/off.

I don't think that would be the case with them always flipping state after roughly a minute with the events trigger either. I can manually use them or trigger them from HomeSeer and they do not exhibit the same behavior, it's only event triggers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathon1102 View Post
            These are all less than 2 year old WS100 and WD100 switches, I would hope that isn't the case with the rapid on/off.

I don't think that would be the case with them always flipping state after roughly a minute with the events trigger either. I can manually use them or trigger them from HomeSeer and they do not exhibit the same behavior, it's only event triggers.
            The conflicting event appears to be coming from either a plugin or an external source. Do you have an event set up by accident on IFTTT, Alexa or somewhere like that? The nearly one minute delay sort of points me toward IFTTT. On the other hand, strobing lights point to a loop that is within Homeseer somewhere. Do you have a plugin that is monitoring whether the lights are on between sunset and sunrise and/or off between sunrise and sunset?

--Barry

Comment

I do not have any other plugins, events, or IFTTT.

I DO have Alexa, no routines. Not sure of what else to check in the app. I'll try disconnecting it and see if the issue presents itself tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathon1102 View Post
                I have outside front door and outside lights linked.

No other related events.
                I would unlink them and see if the issue changes or not.

Comment

When I get into a situation like this, first thing I do is follow the Occam's razor principle and try the obvious first (which usually points me in the right direction).

First, go the events engine and click "Show All" button in the upper right corner...

Click image for larger version

Name:	showall.png
Views:	101
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	1327400

Next, look in the drop down list and find the 3 devices you are dealing with and check only those 3 devices.,,

Click image for larger version

Name:	droplist.png
Views:	68
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	1327401

That will cut the events list down to only events containing those 3 devices and positively rule out a conflict with another event. After that try to disable Alexa and the crosslinks as Bob suggested. Process of elimination with turn up the culprit at some point.

--Barry

Comment

Working...
                  X