Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I put in new HS3 Standard license on my HS3Pi system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I put in new HS3 Standard license on my HS3Pi system?

I recently bought a HS3Pi license and a Pi3 and installed a nice system until I tried to install my 5th plug in. I did not realize that the Pi version has a limit of 5 plugins. With one being a Z-Wave plugin and mandatory, I really only get 4 and I need to be able to have more plugins.
    So I bought a standard license today and I was wondering if I could just enter the new license (HS3S) on my existing installation (HS3Pi) and continue without the 5 plug in limit?
    I realize that there is a limit for a reason but my system is running strong and I do not seem to have any shortages of memory or processor power.

If I can not just insert the new license and continue, what would be the best way to take my existing system with all of the events I have created and use it with a Pi3, my standard license and my existing saved HS file?
    Thank you for any insight.

To use a "full" HS3 license on your RPi unit you would need to load a full Linux installation on the unit.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

As confusion sets in, I will ask,
      Q1. Can I just use the new full license on my old Pi and it will work for now by eliminating the plug in limit?
      Q2. Eventually I would like to get a used laptop, install Linux on it and then install my tested system on in. Is this possible?
      Q3. Does anyone see any problems on doing this?

Thank you,

Comment

Can I just use the new full license on my old Pi and it will work for now by eliminating the plug in limit?

no.

You have to update the HS3 on the Pi with Standard or Pro Homeseer 3. You cannot use a HS Standard / Pro license on the Pi Homeseer build.

Eventually I would like to get a used laptop, install Linux on it and then install my tested system on in. Is this possible?

yes.

Does anyone see any problems on doing this?

Here have install Homeseer 3 Linux on RPi, Pine64, 9 core Arm TV Box, AMD and Intel computers.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

You do need to install the standard edition vs. HS3-Pi edition that you have now. But that doesn't mean you have to start over -- you can install HS3-Std over HS3-Pi and it will continue to use the same database. Just make sure that HS3 is shut down while you're doing the install.

I put together a package to aid in the installation process ...
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...taller-package

Comment

This version that you have in this package is HS3 for Linux. Is it different in any way from the HS3 Standard edition? Also, you say right off the bat that you have mixed feelings about it. Do you still? I want to install a stable version. If this isn't a stable way to go....what is recommended?

Comment

This version that you have in this package is HS3 for Linux.

Yes. The RPi runs ARM Linux.

Is it different in any way from the HS3 Standard edition?

It is the standard HS3 Standard edition.

I want to install a stable version. If this isn't a stable way to go....what is recommended?

HS3 lite (Zee2), HS3 Standard and HS3 Pro releases are stable versions.

Just utilize what is posted (2018) and update it after installation.

- Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

What about if I want to install it on a x86 nuc?

Comment

Originally posted by pcgirl65 View Post
                  This version that you have in this package is HS3 for Linux. Is it different in any way from the HS3 Standard edition? Also, you say right off the bat that you have mixed feelings about it. Do you still? I want to install a stable version. If this isn't a stable way to go....what is recommended?
                  There are two HS3 Linux editions - standard and Pi. The standard edition runs on arm (Raspberry Pi, etc.) and x86 architectures.

I've been running a Hometroller S6 (Windows 7) for about 4 years and its been very reliable. If I was building a new system today, I'd (reluctantly) stick with Windows.

Comment

Very interesting. Can I run a windows version headless?

Comment

Originally posted by pcgirl65 View Post
                      Very interesting. Can I run a windows version headless?
                      Yes. You can then use Remote Desktop to manage the installation.
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                      X