Configuration file questions - HS3-Pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Configuration file questions - HS3-Pi

I've just gotten started with HS3 on the Raspberry Pi. I'm a longtime user of HS (Keware) and HS2 on Windows, but somewhat of a LInux newbie still.

I'm running into these messages in the log (read bottom to top):
    Oct-05 08:53:57 Startup HomeSeer version is: 3.0.0.548
    Oct-05 08:53:57 Error Failed to get version information from configuration database (invalid database), data NOT loaded.
    Oct-05 08:53:57 Database Opening (Mode=Read/Write) up HomeSeer LOG database /tmp/HomeSeerLog.hsd
    Oct-05 08:53:56 Database Opening (Mode=Read Only) up HomeSeer database /usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/TestConfig.hsd
    Oct-05 08:53:56 Startup Loading configuration file ...
    Some of the questions that immediately come to mind: 1) Why is it trying to open the HomeSeer database in read-only mode? 2) Why does it say the configuration database is invalid? 3) Why does it say "failed to get version information" and then proceed to report the version?

I don't have any meaningful configuration yet, so I have nothing to lose. But what is happening here, and how can I start over with a fresh, empty, writeable configuration file?

Thanks,

--Stu

have you set the read,write and execute permissions on the files - "chmod 664 /tmp/HomeSeerLog.hsd" which will allow r/w privileges for user and group and read only for world.
    The following discussion may help as well.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...l-devices-gone

Comment

Originally posted by stualden View Post
      Some of the questions that immediately come to mind: 1) Why is it trying to open the HomeSeer database in read-only mode? 2) Why does it say the configuration database is invalid? 3) Why does it say "failed to get version information" and then proceed to report the version?

I don't have any meaningful configuration yet, so I have nothing to lose. But what is happening here, and how can I start over with a fresh, empty, writeable configuration file?

Thanks,

--Stu
      HS always opens its configuration database in read only mode at the start, no issue with that message. Not sure why it thinks it’s invalid, the file may be corrupted. AFAIK if you delete it, HS will recreate one.

I believe it’s trying to get the version number of the database, the other version number is for the HS build which is something different.

HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thank you sparkman! I deleted the HSD file, and it appears to have rebuilt a clean copy. If it helps anyone, I issued

$ sudo rm /usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/*.hsd

from the pi account to trash the damaged hsd files, then restarted HS3. Once I've built up a meaningful configuration, I'll make sure to keep good backups!

Comment

Working...
        X