Update is not installing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update is not installing

Trying to apply the 3.0.0.545 update and my system reports that it is still at 3.0.0.500.
    I have rebooted the RPi, and tried applying again, with the same result. Going to View > Log, I don't see any errors.

Any suggestions?

Do you mean 3.0.0.548? There is no .545 download available from the HS site at this time.

The install process takes place outside of the normal HS3 process, so results from that won't appear in the log. If the issue persists, it might be best to try running the update from the Linux command line. That way you should be able to see any errors that are encountered.

Here are the steps

1) Log in to the Linux command line; either use ssh via PuTTY or connect a monitor & keyboard.
    2) Execute these commands

Code:
    cd /usr/local/HomeSeer
    ./updatehs.sh 548

Comment

So are you using Tools > Setup , update section of the general tab?
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

zwolfpack - Yes, sorry about that, I meant 3.0.0.548 - thank you for the command line steps.

Rupp - yes, was using the Tools > Setup update section of the General tab.

Comment

Well, my installation is being very stubborn. Ran the 3.0.0.548 update via command line over SSH as suggested - appeared to run just fine, and no errors returned in the console window. System still reports that it is at 3.0.0.500 - rebooted, still at 3.0.0.500.

At this point I think I'll just wait for HS4 and do a fresh install

Comment

Sounds like you have two instances of HS installed now. What user account did you use to install it.

Comment

I logged in with the homeseer user account.

Comment

Working...
              X